Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-03-2015, 08:35 AM   #1

Drains?

What are the two capped lines for? Is one the water heater drain? What is the other? The one with the shutoff valve is the fresh water tank, but I don't know for sure what the two capped lines are for.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20150903_092710797_HDR.jpg
Views:	186
Size:	218.8 KB
ID:	87700
halbright is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2015, 09:26 AM   #2

They look like low point drains. Don't own your model so i'm not sure. If you can unscrew slightly and they expell water, and they are the low point on your plumbing, thats my guess. But another W owner will chime in to tell you i'm sure.
Still Kickin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2015, 09:53 AM   #3

I'd have to X2 still kickin, where are these located at on your model?
Old 09-03-2015, 11:31 AM   #4

They are beside the fresh water holding tank, which is located just in front of the rear bumper near the center. You can see the edge of the fresh water tank through the access hole near the green valve handle.
halbright is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2015, 01:38 PM   #5
Site Team

On our "W" the low point drains are located just behind the door step. All I have under the rear hatch, at least all I've seen so far, is the fresh water drain...

There may have been a running change in their location. I know my converter was moved up over the refrigerator knocking out the storage space shown in many early "W" pictures on the web.
Old 09-03-2015, 01:39 PM   #6

Ok, My drains are up by the coach step a 24S model. Looks like yours are located in the better spot, IMO.
Old 09-22-2015, 09:11 AM   #7

Henry&Tina,

My wife and I are new to the Solera. We previously owned a Free Spirit Leisure Travel Van. Our Solera is also have the SS24S model. My low drain lines are right next to the generator. Is it safe for water to be running down the generator? Also do you know if there is a Manual for the 24S?
alaska6580 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2015, 11:39 AM   #8

alaska6580

I just looked at my drains, I have one coming off of the bottom of the fresh water tank behind the large rear compartment that drains out of a hose above the spare tire. Then I have the hot and cold low point drains under the coach behind the step. So neither one drains onto the generator. I would look at that as I don't think you want water running down onto that equipment. Also the only manual I know for the Solera is the generic one that forest river puts out with the unit and the MB owner's manual.
Old 09-22-2015, 12:21 PM   #9

Henry thanks for your reply. My hot and cold are in the same location but they are behind the compartment door for the generator and right next to the generator. I wasn't sure when I opened them up if they would spray water on the generator. Just had gotten used to my other coach now I have to go through the whole learning experience again. I glad there is a forum to discuss issues.

alaska6580
alaska6580 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2015, 12:30 PM   #10
Left Coast

Send a message via Yahoo to bob caldwell
Turn faucet(s) on before to relieve pressure......
bob caldwell is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
drain

« Drain | RV covers »