Electrical Fire Sprinter Van
I recently reviewed an electrical fire in a Sprinter work van and I though I would share some items of interest.
1. An electrical smell was noticed by the driver while at a red light.
2. Before he could pull over the engine had shut down.
3. He popped the hood and disconnected the battery.
4. The windshield wipers started back and fourth and the horn started to blast.
5. He then realized there was a second vehicle battery but where?
6. He checked the owners manual and noted a second battery was located under the driver side floor boards. These were attached with torque style bolts.
7. He was unable to quickly remove these bolts.
8. The van was now engulfed in smoke and fire.
9. There was no battery shut off for these batteries
10. Even though this was a 2008 van I believe the systems are still similar
As a result of not having a $35 dollar battery shutoff the van was destroyed.
This item might save your RV from an electrical fire. We have them for our rv batteries might be something to consider for the chassis batteries.