Old 05-20-2016, 08:22 AM   #1
Emergency rear window

The rear window in my Solera 24R fell out. It did not break. What kind of pop rivets are used to hold it in on the top? Need to know length, diameter and material. Tried to contact Forest River but never get a reply. Bought this used, think someone opened back window and compromised the pop rivets. They are made to break the frame when opened for easy escape.

C Lee
2015 Solera 24R

2015Solera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2016, 11:38 AM   #2
I have removed an re assembled the windows to replace the gaskets. I found that the hehr Windows have a groove in the window fitting and a groove in the upper frame that mate when the window is lifted 90 degrees or higher. The rivets are there to prevent side to side sliding of the glass in the track . They line up with the notches in the frame on the Rv. To reset glass get on ladder and match the grooves at 90 degrees open, line up the rivets with the notches and slowly close making sure the 2 grooves still bite. May need to slide side to side to find groove. The window should come down easy and not hang up if lined up right. Do not force . May haws to trim some caulk from assembly if not closing right. It is possible that is the problems and never properly lined up. I you are still having problem then post a picture .

2015 Solera 24r
Rich.M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2016, 02:04 AM   #3
Emergency rear window

This will be much helpful. I also have a plan to replace the gasket which is locate ugly around the emergency window on 2015 24R.

2015 Solera 24R
rvcamper is offline   Reply With Quote