Old 06-05-2015, 01:35 PM   #1

Exterior Molding Issue

Just discovered the molding at the corners of the "doghouse " above the doors, is coming out. Normally I would just go ahead and reinsert it but with it being painted. I really don't want to mess with it. Has anyone seen this before. I have contacted our local dealer and he said he is checking with manufacturer. Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByForest River Forums1433525684.854842.jpg
Views:	217
Size:	90.7 KB
ID:	79118Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByForest River Forums1433525704.286894.jpg
Views:	231
Size:	86.5 KB
ID:	79119

Sent from my iPad using Forest River Forums

Old 06-05-2015, 01:50 PM   #2

Quick fix is loosen the scew at the bottom and flex the stip back into the track. Looks like you have custom paint, so you need to line it up as close as possible. That is just a end cover strip that floats in the track.

Old 06-05-2015, 06:52 PM   #3

I saw that on a new unit at a dealer.
Another reason why I do not want full body paint.
Old 06-05-2015, 10:07 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogerbruchay View Post
Just discovered the molding at the corners of the "doghouse " above the doors, is coming out. Normally I would just go ahead and reinsert it but with it being painted. I really don't want to mess with it. Has anyone seen this before. I have contacted our local dealer and he said he is checking with manufacturer. Attachment 79118Attachment 79119

Sent from my iPad using Forest River Forums

I had the same thing happen on our unit. I took to the dealer and they said it happens due to the weather with the temps causing the moulding to expand and contract. I was able to push it back together when the weather warmed up and it became more pliable.

2015 Solera 24R

The Peterson Family
Southeast Louisiana
2015 Solera 24R

Living our dreams one day at a time!
Ecopco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2015, 01:03 PM   #5
GM

Once you get it into place, put a black screw in that corner to keep it from pulling out.
PLEASE do not send questions via Private Message. Post questions in the forum as a new thread so that other users can benefit from the answers. Use Private Messages for sensitive information only. Our owners manuals are available online and via iPhone/Android Apps. http://www.dynamaxcorp.com/OnlineManual.aspx
bclemens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2015, 09:07 AM   #6

I had the same issue. The dealer replaced the molding and sent it to an automotive paint shop. Hopefully it won't shrink again.
Old 06-24-2015, 11:19 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by bclemens View Post
Once you get it into place, put a black screw in that corner to keep it from pulling out.
It actually needs two screws about 3" apart on each corner arc, with one screw it will still pull out of the track.
Old 06-24-2015, 01:39 PM   #8
2012 Solera

Believe the problem is that the molding is slightly stretched when installed, then shrinks a little. I took out the bottom screw, pushed the molding up as far as possible, essentially putting the molding in compression, then installed the bottom screw further up the track to hold the compression. Small gap at the bottom of the track (hardly noticeable). Also,my unit is white so no paint line-up issue. Has not been a problem since - about three years, I think.
JLeising is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2016, 10:07 PM   #9

I have this problem....the moulding is shrinking around the concave corners on the exterior of my coach, specifically the over the cab bed area. With my exterior paint job, how will I manage to repair this or replace it? Did you come up with a solution?
Old 04-22-2016, 10:42 PM   #10

This happened to me this winter. Once it warmed up I used a hair dryer to make it more pliable for about a foot on each side of the arc then stretched it enough to fit back in the arc. Then I put a white stainless steel, self tapping screw on each side of the arc. So far so good!

Tags
exterior, mold