Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-31-2014, 11:27 PM   #1
Needs Help

Fantastic Fan Install

I would like to add a couple of Fantastic Fan's on our new 14 Solera 24S. I know the bathroom has power to the vent, do the other two locations have power available?
Living_The_Dream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2014, 05:28 AM   #2

I can't say for sure about your Solera, but I've read on this forum that FR runs power to all vents on the Class C Sunseeker/Forester RV's. When I changed a vent cover I had to remove the inside trim and some wires were in place for a fan.

A word of caution - before you remove the inside trim put something underneath to catch the construction debris that will fall out with the trim.
RamblerGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2014, 10:16 AM   #3

We have fantastic fans on both vents on our 2013 s
There was power already up there
I'm even thinking of replacing the noisy bathroom vent with a 3rd fantastic fan
Sandiegodoug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2014, 12:38 PM   #4
Needs Help

That's good to know. I'll start shopping now. Also need to pick up some Dicor caulk.

Thank you!
Old 06-09-2014, 10:43 PM   #5
Needs Help

Can someone recommend which type of Dicor and any other sealing items I need for installing one? I have a fan on the way and probably need to run to CW to get the necessary sealers.
Old 06-09-2014, 11:03 PM   #6
Plain Old Member

Butyl tape for underneath the flange. Dicor 501 self leveling for over the screws and flange after installed. You don't HAVE to use butyl, and can use sealant instead under the screw flange, but it would be a bear to remove later if need be.
2013 Ford F-350 Lariat CC LB PSD
2015 SOB TT - With OC's Awning Poles (#8)
At least in Heaven, RVs will be perfect, and I won't have to keep fixing them.
BigJohnD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2014, 11:25 PM   #7
Needs Help

Perfect! Found it on amazon for the same CW internet price. Ordered some extra too.
Thank you!
Old 06-10-2014, 07:01 AM   #8
2018 FR3 30DS

In our 2011 24S we removed the bathroom fan and the Fantastic fan in the front. We put the Fantistic fan in the bathroom. The bathroom fan wasn't much more than a noisemaker. We replaced the Fantastic Fan with a Maxxair Deluxe...the one that opens and closes manually. The Fantastic fan in the bathroom is much better...it exhausts odors and moisture quite rapidly after showering keeping down mold and mildew.
We have recently traded for a 2015 24R and our first order of business will be to remove/replace the bathroom fan with either a Maxxair fan or a Fantistic fan and put a Maxxair Deluxe Remote controlled in the living room.
Slow_movin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2014, 09:25 AM   #9
Needs Help

I'm going to replace the one over the bed first, then probably put one in the bath next. I have to agree that the stock fan is just a noise maker. I'll have to decide if I need a third one after using it for a while.
Old 06-13-2014, 03:15 PM   #10
Needs Help

I finally put it on. Only gripe is there is a small gap between the inside square cover and fan. Thinking about running a bead of bath caulk there.

It's nice to have a powered fan now. I can't wait for rain to test the moisture sensor. Some forecast for tomorrow. I'll have to relax in it and watch it do it's magic.

Tags
fan