Old 05-30-2015, 09:49 AM   #1
First New RV!

I just picked up my 2016 Sunseeker 2400S Tuesday the 26th and, since I bought it online from RV One, had a few days to drive it home to Oregon and got to know the unit pretty well. Iím posting this here because he Solera forum is where Iíve learned the most and the majority of the posts in the Sunseeker forum seem to pertain to other models.

My first impressions are pretty positive. I saw a lot of sloppily constructed RVís (from several brands) while narrowing my choices and I must say that I am impressed with the fit and finish of my particular unit. Maybe an odd ding or two that happened during construction, but otherwise Iím happy.

The rig drives like a dream and squeaks and rattles are at a minimum. I ordered the side cameras but in retrospect probably wouldnít do that again; the mirrors work fine for me. The unit came with a Hellwig sway bar installed which was nice (except that I had already bought one on sale a couple of weeks ago Ė anyone want a deal on one? ). Also, it came with a King amplified TV antennae which was quite welcomed, too.

There were a few things wrong, none of them major. No remote for the Visio TV and two outside compartment locks need to be replace: one wonít unlock and one wonít lockÖ The the dealer knew about and have already ordered replacements. On the drive home I discovered a few other little things like a chipped light lens and a cabinet door that is cracked and beginning to split. I ordered the grill but there is no connect hose for the gas. And last night while digging a little deeper I discovered that there is no element in the water filter! I would assume that is a dealer errorÖ Perhaps I should have caught some of this during the DEMO, but nothing like an 1800 mile trip to really see things.
Anyway, I am pleased so far. None of these are really that annoying and easily fixed by me once FR or the dealer sends the parts. I assume I contact the dealer with this list and not FR directly.

Really, these donít compare with the rock that cracked my windshield 50 miles from home! I canít wait to call the insurance company and report that after less than a week of ownership.

Anyway, Iím looking forward to more trips in the RV and learning more from this forum and you wonderful people.

2016 Sunseeker MBS 2400S
Australian Shepherd Puppy (Dash)
My Camera, and a lot of Dreams
jayvan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2015, 10:09 AM   #2
Done with this
Congrats, and welcome.

I'm a little too truthful, I guess.
Y'all have fun in "Fantasy Land".
4mula1fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2015, 10:43 AM   #3
Welcome to the forum from Wv
2003 Duramax
2010 Blue Ridge
1 DW
1 mutt
on occasion 1 DD
themounties is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2015, 10:50 AM   #4
W is at the Dealer.
Congratulations on your new Sunseeker. Your experiences, except for the cracked windshield, seem to be pretty typical from what I've been reading. I am still waiting for the call that mine is in. It should be any day now. I don't know if it will be a Sunseeker or a Solera. If it is a Solera, I expect it will be one of the last. Anyway, Enjoy your new rig and share your experience with us.
See the USA ...
halbright is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2015, 01:24 PM   #5
Welcome from Wisconsin and congrats on your new Sunseeker.
2013 Palomino Sabre 34REQS-6

Link to pics:
Wiscampsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2015, 01:51 PM   #6
Welcome to FRF from SW Idaho.

2016 F350 6.7L LB CC Reese 28K 2014 Chaparral Lite 266sab
"Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety." 2014 19 days camping 2015 17 days camping201620 days camping
Ford Idaho is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2015, 06:21 PM   #7
Welcome from North Florida. Enjoy.
2014 Solera 24R
USN Retired
Mikegjax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2015, 08:23 PM   #8
Welcome from Iowa. Happy RVing.
Henry & Tena
2013 Solera 24S
The Great Escape
hkreck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2015, 08:26 PM   #9
Moderator Emeritus
Welcome and congrats on the Sunseeker...we see quite a few of them out on the roads!!
Rick & Karen
(Retired USAF, MSgt)
Monument, Colorado
5-year Travel Trailer RVers
2013 Forest River Rockwood Ultra-Lite 2904SS
2014 Toyota Tundra Maxcrew SR-5 TRD 4x4
ColoradoRick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2015, 10:14 AM   #10
Welcome from Florida.

In the end, it's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years. - Abraham Lincoln
FLPhotographer is offline   Reply With Quote