Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-06-2015, 09:53 PM   #1

First Trip in Solera

Headed out on the first trip with my 2016 Solera. Destination Ft Wilderness at Disney. Only a 3 1/2 hour trip from SW Florida. Refueled about 30 miles from Orlando, not that I needed to. I wanted to check my mileage, I'm very happy to report 14 mpg. Considering the engine isn't even close to break in, it will only get better from here. I had three issues, two with the TVs. The front TV automatically turns on when the generator is turned on or when the Solera is plugged into shore power. The rear TV has a dead pixel in a very noticeable place. The 3rd item is something that was missing. A quick call to the dealership Palm RV in Ft Myers, FL ( my salesman - Tony ) and I was reassured that everything was going to be taking care off. Today I ventured on foot to see if I could find other Solera owners. Ft Wilderness has 788 camping sites, broken down into loops. After a leisure walk for 3 hours I didn't find one other Solera owner and only three other Mercedes Sprinter chassis RV ( 2 Winnebago Views and 1 unknown ). Are these rigs the best kept secret? Why are we not seeing more of them?

Jon in Florida
Old 06-06-2015, 10:55 PM   #2

I agree it the best kept secret in class C. I think most people who look at them may pass them up due to their small footprint. Not a whole lot of room to stretch out. However these rigs are like a Swiss Army knife. We use our as an oversized SUV for weekend trips and even as a weekend daily driver. We love having all the room for traveling unlike a traditional SUV but not having a 30'+ MH that's more difficult to drive, park, store, etc. It's a trade off but the Solera IMHO has a lot of pluses and only a couple of minuses.

2015 Solera 24R

The Peterson Family
Southeast Louisiana
2015 Solera 24R

Living our dreams one day at a time!
Ecopco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2015, 08:23 PM   #3

The Solera may seem small to others when seen for first time, but is it is really true that good things come in small packages! I bought my Solera from Palm RV as well and they have provided first class customer service before, during and after the purchase. We had a 36' Motorhome before the Solera and we find it to be so much easier to drive and the gas mileage is terrific! The setup is perfect for two people. Plenty of storage and space for the size. The Mercedes Diesel engine and 3500 chassis is best in class and Forest River has done a remarkable job w/the accomadations and quality offered in the Solera.
jlewis3323 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
solera