Old 01-09-2015, 12:58 PM   #1

Flexing windows

Have read the many posts about replacing the large dinette windows with the thicker 4mm glass to solve the tapping noise. My 2014 24R windows sound as if they will break and fall out when going down the road. When I called the Hehr plant in CA they have no idea what I am talking about. If you have replaced your windows what phone number did you call and what part number did you use? Hope to get this fixed before I take out of winter storage.
Thank You
BadBob

EDIT by wmtire: Wait a minute, this post isn't anything like I was expecting. LOL

I am going to go ahead and change the title from "flexing widows" to "flexing windows".

Old 01-09-2015, 01:16 PM   #2

check your PM

Old 01-09-2015, 02:13 PM   #3

Will it helps to get the correct person to speak with. Made the call and am sending a photo of my window hinge and replacement windows will be shipped. Thank you Loefflehr.
BadBob
Old 01-09-2015, 03:50 PM   #4

I think customer support from Hehr is outstanding.
I got new windows within a couple of days - with the wrong hinge in spite of pictures but they did not show the hinge very well. No arguments from their side, it took them about a week to get customized new ones shipped!

Hans
Old 01-28-2015, 04:09 PM   #5

Can you give me a little more info?
My dinette windows sound like they are going to break at highway speed!
I see you mentioned "Hehr" as a supplier. Do I go thru FR first? Is replacement covered under warranty? Any further info is greatly appreciated!
Old 01-29-2015, 03:11 PM   #6

I was about a month past the one year warranty and they still covered it. Replacement is easy and when you do I suggest making your windows to open wider, that was a great modification!
check PM
Hans
Old 01-29-2015, 04:27 PM   #7

I sent Hehr an email today, thanks!
I searched the site trying to find the window mod you mentioned for opening them wider to no avail.
Do you have a link?
Old 01-29-2015, 06:48 PM   #8

Just today UPS dropped off our new windows. Have not had a chance to look at them. Leaving for a few days tomorrow but will start the replacement later next week. Hehr was very easy to work with and no complaints from my end. Will review the process on the privious posts before I start. Hehr also offered to ship the windows to my dealer as we are still within our 1 year warranty. Believe it will be easier to just do it myself.
BadBob