Old 03-01-2013, 08:55 PM   #11

We haven't had any problems with our frameless windows even thou they don't open very far I like them just the same and as stated you can have them open in the rain. I did install two Fantastic fans at the end of last year haven't had a chance to use them let but looking forward to it this year.

hkreck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 09:03 PM   #12

We just picked up our Solera 24R on 2/28 and drove from Des Moines to San Diego. Love the look of frameless windows. They seem adequate for ventilation especially with the fantastic fans going. Only had one incidence. While staying overnight in Santa Rosa, NM, we were hit with some strong 50 mph gusts that rocked the Solera even with the stabilizers down. Next day about a half an hour into the drive there was a loud noise and the rush of air. The left rear emergency exit window had left the vehicle. Both red locking tabs were up. Was it the wind from the previous night or were the tabs never secured in the first place? Don't know. However, from now on checking those locking tabs are on my pre-flight checklist.

Luvnlife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 07:25 AM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luvnlife View Post
We just picked up our Solera 24R on 2/28 and drove from Des Moines to San Diego. Love the look of frameless windows. They seem adequate for ventilation especially with the fantastic fans going. Only had one incidence. While staying overnight in Santa Rosa, NM, we were hit with some strong 50 mph gusts that rocked the Solera even with the stabilizers down. Next day about a half an hour into the drive there was a loud noise and the rush of air. The left rear emergency exit window had left the vehicle. Both red locking tabs were up. Was it the wind from the previous night or were the tabs never secured in the first place? Don't know. However, from now on checking those locking tabs are on my pre-flight checklist.
Wow, that sounds scary. I never check those, guess I will from now on!
Old 03-12-2013, 08:12 AM   #14

Added to my checklist too! Sorry for your experience, but thanks for sharing!
Old 03-12-2013, 08:32 AM   #15

Hmmm. I have the Solera M (Murphy Bed model) since the bedroom is in the front next to the exit door, I apparently don't have an emergency escape window. One less thing to worry about!!!

Taylorgso is offline   Reply With Quote