Old 03-01-2013, 04:20 PM   #1

frameless windows?

Ok guys, sell us on the frameless windows. Yes they look nice, but what other advantages, we can't think of any. We are getting ready to purchase and want the upgraded package which includes these, but we camp in state parks where you have limited generator time and want to have a lot of air coming through the windows. We really like the regular slide windows, but want the ultraleather front seats, and other upgrades. How far do they open, it looked like to us just a couple inches. Anyway that anyone can change our mind on them, let us know.

Old 03-01-2013, 04:34 PM   #2
Not-so-Junior Member

We ordered our Columbus with the dual-pane version of the frame-less windows. We are happy with them and they do open quite a ways on the Columbus. Plus the dual-pane option helps insulate against hot and cold!

1952 Blonde Nurse
VenturaBill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 05:32 PM   #3

They work fine
You can open them up on a rainy day
We had an extra fantastic fan put in but they
Seem to let plenty of air in
Old 03-01-2013, 05:42 PM   #4
Denver, CO

Don' know yet. They don't seem to have much open area, but it's not hot yet so I will reserve judgement till summer. Did order a second vortex II fan, just in case.

Sure look good
Old 03-01-2013, 07:31 PM   #5
Trailer Trash

They let plenty of air in with the fantastic fan sucking air in and pushing it out the roof. The problem you may have with the the frameless windows is actually getting them open. Open ALL of them during your PDI as they will more than likely be stuck shut around the rubber seal. Also don't force them open with the little black spin knob or something will break. You may need two people.....one turns the knob, and the other gives a gentle tug from outside on bottom of window.

There is so many windows on my Columbus I find it a pain in the you know what screwing around with the shades every day opening and closing everything. So I picked a few favorites and just open them.
Old 03-01-2013, 07:50 PM   #6
Moderator Emeritus

I know what you mean about loving the windows that slide. Our previously unit had them, and we added awnings over each window, so that the rain wouldn't come in. Now these frameless ones only open a few inches, and yes they can be very hard to open because they have such a great seal. I find if you crank it just a bit, then wait....you will hear it slowly breaking the seal. Then crank a little more and wait again. Eventually they open up! Just don't force them. And yes those fantastic fans will pull in a beautiful breeze!! I wish we had the dual pane ones! I would have splurged on those!
RVChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 07:53 PM   #7

I have the frameless tinted windows in my new camper, they say they are set up like automotive windows with the rubber, now do they work not sure yet but I can not think of anytime where I will open any of my camper windows in a campground because of the dust
Old 03-01-2013, 08:23 PM   #8
MC9

I made sure my next rig had frameless windows. Easier to wash and clean, look nicer, have had no trouble opening or closing. The windows in the end of the slides slide up and down. Close tighter so it is very quiet. You don't have to worry about rain. I can't think of a shortcoming on our 2013 Cedar Creek.
Old 03-01-2013, 08:31 PM   #9
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by MC9 View Post
I made sure my next rig had frameless windows. Easier to wash and clean, look nicer, have had no trouble opening or closing. The windows in the end of the slides slide up and down. Close tighter so it is very quiet. You don't have to worry about rain. I can't think of a shortcoming on our 2013 Cedar Creek.
Oh right I forgot about those side windows in the slide, that open up! Love those!
RVChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 08:44 PM   #10

In addition to looking very nice, they eliminate the black streaks you get off the regular windows.