FYI, my water pump stopped pumping, but I could hear it trying to run. Waited until I got home to trouble shoot and see if I could do anything.
After removing inlet and outlet lines with the two thumb nuts on the pump, I used compressed air to blow in both lines to ensure they were open. I removed the filter screen at the pump and checked for trash of which there was a small amount that did not get to the pump. Reinstalled the screen and tried it again without success. Blew air trough the inlet side of the pump and walla, something came loose. Hooked everything back up and all is well.
Thought this little exercise might help someone that may end up with a similar problem.