Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-02-2014, 09:36 PM   #1

Furnace

Turned thermostat in my 2014 Solera to furnace. No heat inside, but vent outside blows nice hot air. Manual no help. How to get the furnace working properly?
Martini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2014, 09:47 PM   #2
Cyber Phrenologist

If you can access the furnace from inside the trailer, perhaps by opening a cabinet door or removing an access panel, you may feel around on the sides and find a "reset" switch. This effectively turns the furnace off and on.

Give that switch a toggle and sometimes that will clear any confusion experienced by the furnace controller.

And sometimes, not.

Radio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2014, 08:51 AM   #3

To start...I know essentially nothing about RV furnances.

Here's some contact info (if it's a Suburban...):
NOTE: Our service technicians are available to assist you in making repairs or parts replacements from 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Eastern Standard Time, Monday through Friday (except holidays), by calling 423-775-2131 extension 7102. E-mail address: info1@suburbanmfg.com
In looking through my Suburban manual (I've got a SF-30FQ) it sure looks like the same motor drives both the combustion gas intake/exhaust and the heated air circulator:
The power then flows to the motor and allows the blower to operate. One end of the motor shaft drives the room air wheel. The other end of the motor shaft drives the combustion air wheel that delivers the required air to the burner for combustion.
So it seems like if you've got one, you should have both, unless there's some sort of mechanical failure of the "motor shaft" assembly.

Good luck!
DaveJordan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2014, 09:14 AM   #4

you can see a lot of the heat ducts if you pull out drawers, etc.

I would use an IR thermometer to see if there is heightened temperature anywhere in the ducts

if not, I would guess either blockage or fan malfunction in the heater
ipolyihh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2014, 04:46 PM   #5
Cyber Phrenologist

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveJordan View Post
In looking through my Suburban manual (I've got a SF-30FQ) it sure looks like the same motor drives both the combustion gas intake/exhaust and the heated air circulator

<snip>

So it seems like if you've got one, you should have both, unless there's some sort of mechanical failure of the "motor shaft" assembly.
And that makes sense... If this is a 2014 and the first time you have used the furnace the duct may be clogged with construction debris or squished shut someplace.

Radio is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
furnace