Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-06-2015, 02:18 PM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdyson View Post
I wanted the 15k btu heat a/c with heat pump option, which I was told the diesel genset would not support. Having installed Sumo Springs, I'm thinking of putting on the larger propane tank, and maybe removing the stabilizers. Maybe.
Good call.

Btw, How are the Sumo's working out?

Mine should be here tomorrow via UPS, so looking forward!

Thanks,

Jay

2015 Solera MBS 24R - Hellwig/Sumo Equipped, Sold
(Sold the Vibe TT, as well)
Pod2Vibe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2015, 06:50 PM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pod2Vibe View Post
Good call.

Btw, How are the Sumo's working out?

Mine should be here tomorrow via UPS, so looking forward!

Thanks,

Jay
Jay- The Sumos are working great. They are a great addition, helps moderate the snap-back effect of the Hellwig sway bar, and cuts out a lot of the rocking on walkthru when you're stopped as well. The Hellwig and Sumos combined are a big improvement. I'll probably still have to add some Koni shocks to cut out some of the wheel bounce, even though I calculate the tire pressure so as to not overinflate.
jdyson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2015, 11:24 AM   #23

Quote:
Jay- The Sumos are working great. They are a great addition, helps moderate the snap-back effect of the Hellwig sway bar, and cuts out a lot of the rocking on walkthru when you're stopped as well. The Hellwig and Sumos combined are a big improvement. I'll probably still have to add some Koni shocks to cut out some of the wheel bounce, even though I calculate the tire pressure so as to not overinflate.
Great info, thanks again for taking the time.

Old 08-10-2015, 06:49 PM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beach Bums View Post
I am sure you know this (I did not clearly understand it until recently realizing my tow vehicle was going to be a propane tanker truck)....but 20 gallons of LP is better than two times what our 2016 FRF MBS will have (9.8 gallons). I am not sure that would have changed our purchase decision....but it would have at least made it on our pro/con decision list.
Not much consolation when I double-checked the tank size on my 2016 MBS 2401R, but a little. The tank is 12.2 gals, so the 9.8 comes from the fact that you can onlyfill to 80%, but at least it's a net # and not gross!

Here's a few comparisons (gross #'s) that I found interesting compared to my 12.2gal tank:

Winnebago View 13 gals
Coachmen Prism 20gals
Thor Citation 16gal (marketed as 68.2 lbs)

class B Winnebago Era 170A/170X 16gal
class B Era 170C (slideout model) 9.5gal

The Prism has the largest Class C tank I've seen in the bit of comparison I've done, others may have better info.
jdyson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2015, 06:55 PM   #25

Quote:
Installed the Sumo's and they are every bit of awesome.

Thanks again!

Jay

Tags
drain, generator, propane