Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-22-2015, 05:26 PM   #21

I also wish to install a hard wired surge protector in my 2015 Solera 24s. I cannot locate the converter ... it seems to make more sense to install the protector BEFORE the converter, rather than, behind the 120 volt panel. Otherwise, an electrical gremlin might toast your converter since the surge protector is downstream.

Anyway, I simply can't see the converter in my 24S ... it has the removeable electrical cable with the external connector just aft of the slide. Any suggestions and or photos showing where its located would be greatly appreciated. I looked in the obvious access areas. Thanks.
MiataHoarder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2015, 05:50 PM   #22
Karen, Pete & Chloe Kat

Location of Hardwired Surge

Quote:
Originally Posted by MiataHoarder View Post
I also wish to install a hard wired surge protector in my 2015 Solera 24s. I cannot locate the converter ... it seems to make more sense to install the protector BEFORE the converter, rather than, behind the 120 volt panel. Otherwise, an electrical gremlin might toast your converter since the surge protector is downstream.

Anyway, I simply can't see the converter in my 24S ... it has the removeable electrical cable with the external connector just aft of the slide. Any suggestions and or photos showing where its located would be greatly appreciated. I looked in the obvious access areas. Thanks.
Hi,
I have just installed The PI Electrical Management System (Surge) in my 2015/2016 Solera 24 R.

I installed it between the Automatic Transfer Switch and the AC Breaker Panel so that it is before the Shore Power and the Generator.

The Transfer Switch is below the Wardrobe (next to the hot water heater) where there is space for the surge to be mounted. You could mount it behind the AC breaker Panel which is below the 3 burner stove.

PM me if you need more info and pictures before I close up the panels. I still have some cable ties to install.

sanpedroflyer
sanpedroflyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2015, 06:00 PM   #23

I have the Progressive Industries EMS installed straight thru to the electrical distribution box(breaker box). That box is where my converter receives its power from, there by protected by a breaker.(not from surge just faults\overloads) There for it would before converter. I have to believe yours is the same in a relative way. You should be able to locate breaker for converter and follow the wires to the general direction in which it is located, perhaps near battery. Not familiar with your unit but offering help.

2016 Ford F250 XLT 4X4 6.2L
2015 Rockwood Signature Ultralite 8329SS
Hensley Arrow
uhduh camping is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2015, 09:09 PM   #24

[QUOTE=sanpedroflyer;931752]Hi,
I have just installed The PI Electrical Management System (Surge) in my 2015/2016 Solera 24 R.

I installed it between the Automatic Transfer Switch and the AC Breaker Panel so that it is before the Shore Power and the Generator.

The Transfer Switch is below the Wardrobe (next to the hot water heater) where there is space for the surge to be mounted. You could mount it behind the AC breaker Panel which is below the 3 burner stove.

PM me if you need more info and pictures before I close up the panels. I still have some cable ties to install.

sanpedroflyer[/QUOTE
Re: location of the ATS

He has an "S", you have an "R". I don't think that is correct. But, I'm not sure.
Still Kickin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2015, 09:01 AM   #25

SanPedroFlyer .. thanks but the 24S is configured somewhat differently than the R version. The wardrobe is on the slide. The breaker panel however is beneath the stove.

Am I correct in understanding that the first 120 AC connection in the Solera is to the circuit breaker panel? In other words, if I install the surge protector behind that panel, will it protect all internal 120 AC appliances, including the convertor?

If so, I'm all set; all I need to do is remove the drawer beneath the stove (15 Solera 24S) to access the wiring behind the circuit breakers; identify the incoming shorepower wire; install the surge protector between incoming shorepower and the panel.
Old 07-23-2015, 10:10 AM   #26
2012 Solera 24S

In my 2012 24S, the transfer switch between the generator and the shore power line is above the water tank, under the bed. This is the first 120v connection.

You may want to read this thread:

http://www.forestriverforums.com/for...30c-78927.html

I think it will answer all of your questions.
Nats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2015, 10:30 AM   #27

Nats, thanks much ... the under the bed photo looks like the ideal place.
Old 07-23-2015, 12:18 PM   #28

Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByForest River Forums1437671897.987609.jpg
Views:	152
Size:	78.0 KB
ID:	83880
Here is where mine is
I have a 2013 s

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums
Sandiegodoug is offline   Reply With Quote