Old 10-31-2015, 02:24 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveJordan View Post
I have a 750/1500 watt electric heater which seems to do a pretty good job of keeping the coach warm, at least down to the upper 20s.

But I've found that I can easily trip circuit breakers while running the heater - either individual circuits inside the coach or inside or outside 30 amp breakers. Once you've got 1500 watts going to the heater, there's not much left for coffee makers, microwaves and the like.

I'm wondering if anyone has figured out a way to take advantage of the extra power outlets (15 or 20 amp) that are usually available with electrical hookups. It seems to me that it should be fairly easy to run another power line into the RV, allowing the heater to be operated while bypassing the rest of the RV power system entirely. Has anyone done this?

Thanks!

Dave
I also use a heater 1500 watt what I do is run an electrical cord from campground pedestal other it pop breakers when you try to use other things.

Old 10-31-2015, 02:50 PM   #12

"Very Good Info"-Thanks. Planning on leaving Canyon Lake Texas for Kirtland AFB, New Mexico Monday to buy a space heater to try since the temps are in the 30's in the night there. This will be a good wring-out for our trip to Alaska next May to heat our Solera "S." Happy Travels and GLTA!
CaptDan
2013 Solera "S"

Old 10-31-2015, 04:47 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptDan View Post
"Very Good Info"-Thanks. Planning on leaving Canyon Lake Texas for Kirtland AFB, New Mexico Monday to buy a space heater to try since the temps are in the 30's in the night there. This will be a good wring-out for our trip to Alaska next May to heat our Solera "S." Happy Travels and GLTA!
CaptDan
2013 Solera "S"

CaptDan- Sorry to hijack this thread. How much are the bases charging for hook-ups these days?

2015 Coachmen Prism 24J MBS
USN-R '01-present
MarsMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2015, 05:02 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarsMan View Post
CaptDan- Sorry to hijack this thread. How much are the bases charging for hook-ups these days?
I have paid $18.00 to $25.00 for full hook-ups at military installations through much of the country.
Old 10-31-2015, 07:46 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarsMan View Post
Kirtland AFB Sites:
Type of site Spaces Hook-ups Daily Weekly Monthly
RV Sites 72 W/30/50A/S $18 N/A $400 (winter only)
Overflow 24 None $6 N/A N/A

Mikegjax is right on prices to a high of $35.00 depending upon the base-Not Too Bad!!
PS: Got some USAF business, then I will be on my way back to Orlando. Thanks.

Tags
heater, power