Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-10-2016, 07:17 PM   #401

Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByForest River Forums1457655410.465461.jpg
Views:	239
Size:	63.9 KB
ID:	101560
Here is picture
Sandiegodoug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2016, 07:26 PM   #402

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandiegodoug View Post
I put the solo , black ones that fit into the bump stop holder.
I also put the Sumo Solos front and rear. It definitely improved the ride and stability. No hard bottoming out on rough roads. I like them.
halbright is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2016, 11:45 PM   #403

I appreciate the pic.

Can rear Solos be installed without wheel removal? Has anyone out there done this?
namusmc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2016, 01:32 AM   #404

You don't need to remove rear tires
There are jack points infront of rear wheels on frame. First I removed bump stops, easy
Next I used my floor jack and lifted frame up, but just enough to install sumos. Tires stay on ground. I could get under without jack, but couldn't force bottom onto axel without lifting frame up a little.
Old 03-11-2016, 01:35 AM   #405

Top of sumos fit into bump stop holder. Be careful, there is a certain way to insert, there is a front and back .
Old 03-11-2016, 02:31 AM   #406

Thank you, Doug! You will be richly rewarded in the afterlife.
namusmc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2016, 06:09 AM   #407

Quote:
Attachment 101560
Here is picture
X2

Quote:
You don't need to remove rear tires
There are jack points infront of rear wheels on frame. First I removed bump stops, easy
Next I used my floor jack and lifted frame up, but just enough to install sumos. Tires stay on ground. I could get under without jack, but couldn't force bottom onto axel without lifting frame up a little.
halbright is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2016, 07:29 AM   #408

I used rear stabilizer and jack stands only

I just installed my sumo springs a couple nights ago. I have some thick rubber "stepping stones" I use for leveling (Lowes/HomeDepot). I put 3 under each stabilizer jack, lifted it up in the rear using the stabilizers, and put jack stands under the frame in front of rear wheels to hold it securely in case the stabilizers were to fail. There was plenty of room to put the new Sumo's in. It takes longer to setup and take down than to install the sumos.
nusslejj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2016, 07:48 AM   #409

We must be related

Quote:
Originally Posted by nusslejj View Post
I just installed my sumo springs a couple nights ago. I have some thick rubber "stepping stones" I use for leveling (Lowes/HomeDepot). I put 3 under each stabilizer jack, lifted it up in the rear using the stabilizers, and put jack stands under the frame in front of rear wheels to hold it securely in case the stabilizers were to fail. There was plenty of room to put the new Sumo's in. It takes longer to setup and take down than to install the sumos.
I installed the Hellwig, but it's not quite enough. Sounds like the rear Sumos are the way to go. Installed Timbrens on the front which helped a great deal.

I'm very impressed with all of the mods you have done to your Solera. Problem is, it costs me $$ every time I see one of your upgrades!
KatanaPilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2016, 01:03 PM   #410

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatanaPilot View Post
I'm very impressed with all of the mods you have done to your Solera. Problem is, it costs me $$ every time I see one of your upgrades!
You're telling me ! I'm worried about how nice you are going to tell us the new replacement A/C is compared to the factory Dometic noisemaker (that also cools). That one I'd have to save for...
nusslejj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2016, 08:53 PM   #411

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatanaPilot View Post
I know the "FEELING"- Where somebody writes up a new product on this forum where you gotta have that for your Solera and of course it is costly- $$$$$$. It's a "Never Ending Situation!"

CaptDan
2013 Solera "S"
CaptDan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2016, 09:02 PM   #412

I just put them in by Camping World. Parts and labor about $1000. It really helps the back and forth wandering.
Rari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2016, 09:39 AM   #413

Can anyone tell me what model # for the Hellwig front sway bar? I replaced the rear and it made a huge difference but now I want to replace the front sway bar because it makes noises when turning.
Heidi Wy is offline   Reply With Quote