Old 07-30-2013, 05:23 PM   #71

I did receive a package today from UPS with the correct round headed allen bolts with the correct thread pattern so I would expect them to be correct for any future purchases of their antisway bar.

fortbud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2013, 07:06 PM   #72
2012 Solera 24S

I wasn't so lucky, my sway bar came last week, went to put it on this evening, supplied 1.25 pitch bolts and they should have been 1.5.

Old 07-30-2013, 07:32 PM   #73

Wow - looks like everyone who owns a Solera is getting the sway bar. 👍 Cool.
Old 07-30-2013, 09:16 PM   #74

This has to be one of the most reviewed posts on the Solera forum site in some time. After reading all the feed back from purchasers/users of the Hellwig sway bar upgrade from O.E.M. I was wondering, does it reduce the sway we all expierence when crossing those dips entering and exiting (when not at a right angle)a fueling station or store parking lot. Sometimes it really gets rocking if the harmonics are just right when encountering those dips. Just wondering if it reduces that rocking, and if so, by how much.
Old 07-30-2013, 09:23 PM   #75

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2012WhiteSolera View Post
This has to be one of the most reviewed posts on the Solera forum site in some time. After reading all the feed back from purchasers/users of the Hellwig sway bar upgrade from O.E.M. I was wondering, does it reduce the sway we all expierence when crossing those dips entering and exiting (when not at a right angle)a fueling station or store parking lot. Sometimes it really gets rocking if the harmonics are just right when encountering those dips. Just wondering if it reduces that rocking, and if so, by how much.
Yes it does reduce it, I would say somewhere around 33% reduction. Still some, but not as much.
Old 07-30-2013, 10:11 PM   #76

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2012WhiteSolera View Post
Interesting quesiton, and I can't really speak to it. I generally leave town with full tank and fill up on return (haven't taken long enough trip yet to fill up on the road) and my local station has smooth entry onto their lot. Leaving my driveway is a different situation. Narrow residential street and BIG dip entering the street - if a cabinet door is not shut, stuff will fall out. I haven't noticed any difference since installing the sway bar. So... the sway bar cannot level out a dip! The improvement is noticeable on the road, and the difference is remarkable. I haven't yet installed the Bilstein shocks, but I suspect that may affect the rocking more than the sway bar.
Taylorgso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2013, 10:54 PM   #77

I agree with Taylorgso in that the suspension is quite soft so you will still get the rocking side to side when the back wheels go through a dip or hit a bump off camber. However, now it only rocks about 1 1/2 times where before I would feel about 3 back and forth motions. I live near the curvy mountain roads and that's where I notice the biggest difference. My unit is only a few weeks old and I've made one trip before the Hellwig and one after. The difference was quite noticeable. I had to take it real easy around the curves and I would notice the sway as if the unit was top heavy. After the upgrade, I felt like the unit was more like a sports car where the sway was nearly gone. I still had to slow down to keep loose items from shifting but the sway was pretty much gone. I've only been on the interstate for short distances including today and I did notice a slight push and pull from a semi that passed me going about 15 -20 mph faster than me. One other difference is the cross winds where I can hear the wind and feel a very slight push but most of this has been in the mountains when I wasn't going very fast. All things considered, I'm very happy with the purchase. I paid roughly 170 including shipping for mine and feel like it was the best investment I could have made for the improved handling.
fortbud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2013, 04:36 PM   #78

Well this all great info and compelling enough for me to order the Hellwig too. It took about an hour to put on yesterday. A quick trip around the neighborhood confirms what the rest of you have been saying. I will be taking a big trip next week across country. So that will be the biggest test. FYI I double checked the bolts before installing and they were the right ones. Thanks all.
Luvnlife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2013, 08:14 PM   #79

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luvnlife View Post
Well this all great info and compelling enough for me to order the Hellwig too. It took about an hour to put on yesterday. A quick trip around the neighborhood confirms what the rest of you have been saying. I will be taking a big trip next week across country. So that will be the biggest test. FYI I double checked the bolts before installing and they were the right ones. Thanks all.
You will really feel the difference on your cross country trip! Enjoy :-)
Old 08-05-2013, 07:58 PM   #80

So- as a 2014 Solera R Owner, is the 7254 the proper sway bar for this rig. I noticed someone got a set for $169, I assume that was Amazon. Lots of threads on this subject, I may have missed the answer along the way, if so, don't holler at me, I upset easy. Swede