Old 06-22-2014, 03:06 PM   #1

HELP BEDROOM 2014 Solera 24R

Slept in the bed last night and all was fine. Today when we went to slide back in it stopped about 6 inches short of fully retracting and would not move. Attemted to slide back out and only travels a few inches will not extend or retract more than a few inches. Really starting to doubt this PURCHASE.
BadBob

Old 06-22-2014, 04:28 PM   #2

I hope that helps for troubleshooting:
Solera 24M Slide Out Control Box

Old 06-22-2014, 04:33 PM   #3

I just noticed the link in the above thread to the manual operation is not working anymore - try here:

I hope that gets you moving again, sorry for your trouble!
Hans
Old 06-22-2014, 06:04 PM   #4

Loefflerh
Thank you for the help. I located the smart box and have done all the things they mentioned and no luck. It appears the unit is caulked and not square and is not allowing slide to come in the last 10 inches. Dealer called and said it will not damage to drive in this condition so will make the drive back down to De Martini and hope they can get it fixed. Seals are all loose around the rear slide also so will have them repair those also. Very dissapointing to have so many problems with only 3 days of ownership. Maybe once all the bugs are worked out I will feel better. Lots of money to spend on problems.
Thank You
BadBob
Old 06-22-2014, 06:14 PM   #5

You might check to see if you have a loose wire connection to one side or the other to the slide motors. EXACT same thing happened on our LR slide about the 4th time we slid it out, just loose enough that it became disconnected. Our wire connection was on the left on top of the slide, inside the room. My daughter found the loose wire, with much contortion was able to plug back together. VOILA! :-)
Old 06-22-2014, 06:25 PM   #6

barbhalsell
I bet you hit the nail on the head. When I look under the seal inside the bedroom left side I see a green wire just dangling. Wire is fraye and broken. Not able to see the end and doubt my fat hands could get them reconnected. Will take the unit and let the dealers repair shop work on it. Appears to be a very sloppy job of running the wires as the other side has wires hanging out and look like a problem waiting to happen. Is there a motor on both sides of the slide?
Thank You
BadBob
Old 06-22-2014, 09:06 PM   #7

Yes on the LR slide. Not sure on the BR but would imagine so. Of course there could be 1 for each corner? The effect of one motor trying to work with the other one not made the slide tweak in and out about 6 inches, stuck half way out of course. The DH was spitting nails until my daughter found the cause.
Old 06-22-2014, 10:13 PM   #8

Will let you know what we find at the dealers tomorrow. I am leaving at 4 AM and just hope they can get it completed and that it's an easy fix.
Old 06-23-2014, 07:26 AM   #9

Did the smart box give you an error code?
Old 06-23-2014, 07:37 AM   #10
Plain Old Member

One motor each side, at the top, between the inner and outer wiper seals. One shaft runs from each motor top to bottom, with 2 drive gears, one from upper track and one for lower. Motor is held in place by one small screw. Wires usually run from the bottom up to the motor. There are a few videos showing the removal of the motor, or disengaging it to allow manual movement of the slide.

2013 Ford F-350 Lariat CC LB PSD
2015 SOB TT - With OC's Awning Poles (#8)
At least in Heaven, RVs will be perfect, and I won't have to keep fixing them.
BigJohnD is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
2014, bed, roo, solera