Old 10-03-2013, 09:06 PM   #31

Quote:
Originally Posted by 11XLITE28BH View Post
Just hook up one of these and save yourself some time removing the node everytime.
I will give you guys credit like you want. Both drain cock systems shown (Restrict the 3/4 NPT opening DOWN to 1/4 NPT) and raises the centerline drain opening,there buy (Traping) White Death in the bottom of the Tank! Do what you want,but some of us know better! Youroo!!

Old 10-03-2013, 10:32 PM   #32
Denver, CO

REALLY? it is no big deal to pull the anode, and leave it out for the winter, then wrap some teflon around the thread and carefully screw it back in. I don't get whta the complexity is?

Hint: These trailers are a lot like houses and need maintenance. That comes with the purchase and an amazing number of owners don't do it. Amazing

Old 10-03-2013, 10:40 PM   #33
B47

Quote:
Originally Posted by garbonz View Post
REALLY? it is no big deal to pull the anode, and leave it out for the winter, then wrap some teflon around the thread and carefully screw it back in. I don't get whta the complexity is?

Hint: These trailers are a lot like houses and need maintenance. That comes with the purchase and an amazing number of owners don't do it. Amazing
I agree - it's no more complex than correctly hooking up your FW or TT or getting your MH ready for the road. I always reinsert my anode rod,but don't remove it as often as some posters here do. If I did leave it out, I would place something over the open hole to prevent critters from getting in.

As far as house maintenance, it's about as simple as draining your water heater or changing out your furnace/ AC filter.
Old 10-04-2013, 06:39 AM   #34

I never drain my water heater at home, if I don't winterize, why should I drain it on the MH?
Old 10-04-2013, 06:45 AM   #35

Quote:
Originally Posted by DebbieMH View Post
I never drain my water heater at home, if I don't winterize, why should I drain it on the MH?
Read the W/H manual for your Home W/H. You will be Surprized what comes out of a Home W/H! Youroo!!
Old 10-04-2013, 07:27 AM   #36
Site Team - Lou

Quote:
Originally Posted by DebbieMH View Post
If you have an Atwood, to flush out the calcium; just like your home water heater.

If you have a Suburban, to examine and replace the anode in addition to flushing out the crud.

Lou and Laura with Bella - German Short Hair Pointer
2008 GMC Sierra 2500HD Crewcab SB Allison Duramax
2010 Flagstaff 8526RLWS - Superglide 3300
HAM CALLSIGN - KC3FFW
Herk7769 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2013, 01:45 PM   #37

Look at it this way gang, everyone is going to do things their own way. If they make a mistake then it'll be like the Government they'll never own up to the mistake. But if their right you'll never hear the end of it.
hkreck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2013, 02:07 PM   #38

After reading some of these posts, I went over to my MH and pulled the anode from my Suburban water heater and drained it. The anode is still in great shape but there is a lot of white crud that did not come out.

I guess that should come out. I need to make some kind of flushing device....Hmmmm

Bill

Life is a journey, not a destination.
2005 Georgetown 359ts
Bill & Virginia, Kentucky
Nights camped in 2011...78 , 2012...73,
Nights camped in 2013...123, 2014 ...101
bend302 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2013, 02:19 PM   #39

They do sell one. RV Water Heater Flushing Tool Review
Old 10-04-2013, 02:23 PM   #40
B47

Quote:
Originally Posted by bend302 View Post
After reading some of these posts, I went over to my MH and pulled the anode from my Suburban water heater and drained it. The anode is still in great shape but there is a lot of white crud that did not come out.

I guess that should come out. I need to make some kind of flushing device....Hmmmm

Bill
I believe that the life of an anode rod is mostly dependent on where you get your RV water from - there is no magic life limit of an anode rod.

If you hook your RV up to water that has a lot of junk chemicals (man made or natural ) in it, your anode rod is going to sacrifice itself trying to save your WH - it's that simple.

You can buy an inexpensive WH flushing tool from CW or make one yourself and yes that crud should be flushed out of your WH.

Tags
drain, heater, hot water, water, water heater