Old 08-17-2014, 07:43 PM   #11
Keith

Thanks much - I'd appreciate the cover information thanks.
I'll check out the mods spot too

New to rv ing - sounds like the converter issue is a common part that fails?

Old 08-17-2014, 08:57 PM   #12

Yes, definately look in Solera mods for the pictures. I used a different cover that snaps in, rather than the one requiring screw removal.

Note: These measurements assume Solera 24S model with large outside storage door (passenger rear) that utilizes the space under the rear bed for storage.

Your cut will be to the rightside panel as you are looking into the storage bay from the outside. Total right panel measurement is 26" wide x 29" high. Measuring (starting) from the upper left hand corner of that panel, make a mark 9 1/4" right and 3 1/4" down. Then draw a 14" x 14" square on the surface of the panel. Making sure it is "square" to the top edge of the whole panel. Remove that piece. What worked for me here was a cheap dremel type tool, with a round wood saw blade. I'm sure a jig saw would work as well. The material being cut is coated luan 1/4" plywood. After removal, cut three small 3/4" thick wood blocks 1" x 2". These will be glued on the back side of the remaining plywood panel, flush to the cut opening, at these measurements:
Measuring (starting) in the upper left hand corner glue one block 7 5/8" down from top, flush to opening. Then, on opposite side , measure from top right corner, and glue first block 3 1/4" from top and second, 12" from top. (both flush with opening) Wood glue with clothespins or some sort of clamp works good. I suggest you position the cover in the opening and see where best to glue blocks.

Now the cover; can be purchased at Home Depot. White plastic access panel. Measures 16"x 16". I used the spring loaded type and works just fine. (Thus the use of the glued blocks to seat the cover in the opening properly and secure.) The panel is used to gain access through a cut opening in drywall, as a decorative cover. I looked for a link but couldn't find one. Should cost about $15 bucks or so.

Old 08-17-2014, 09:05 PM   #13

I actually removed that entire inner wall of the cargo area. I still thought that getting past the wh was going to be a challenge.

That's why we ended up cutting thru the bed platform and coming in from the top.

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums
Old 08-17-2014, 11:34 PM   #14

Make sure you have not tripped an
AC circuit breaker that powers the inverter.
Old 08-18-2014, 10:15 AM   #15
Keith

Thanks for the info Larry- where would you expect the breaker to be located?

None of the breakers that are visible have been tripped-I manually tripped the ones in the distribution panel to see if that might help. Didn't but I m trying to get a mobile tech out soon this week to have a look
Old 08-18-2014, 10:42 AM   #16

I just check mine, under the drawer under the oven, has one labeled converter. I would reset it. Or reset all of them. I also purchased a digital voltage meter that is small and plugs directly into the coaches cig sockets.

Tags
battery