Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-14-2015, 04:48 PM   #1

How do you remove the radio?

Recently purchased a Solera 24R with the Jensen radio. The satellite system does not work. There is one satellite antenna on the dash and another on the roof. I am wondering if the dash antenna is hooked up instead of the roof antenna. I removed 4 small screws that look like they are holding the radio in but I still can not get it to budge. Any suggestions would be appreciated.
Walker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2015, 05:24 PM   #2

This may help, go to http://www.forestriverforums.com/for...yne-63436.html

CaptDan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2015, 02:40 PM   #3

Have removed the fake woodgrain panel and removed the torx screws, now the radio seems to be fastened to the AC controls. How do you get it separated or do you pull out all the controls? I do not see any more screws to remove.
Old 03-15-2015, 05:13 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Walker View Post
Recently purchased a Solera 24R with the Jensen radio. The satellite system does not work. There is one satellite antenna on the dash and another on the roof. I am wondering if the dash antenna is hooked up instead of the roof antenna. I removed 4 small screws that look like they are holding the radio in but I still can not get it to budge. Any suggestions would be appreciated.
First off I have the Magnadyne, but procedure should be the same.

It helps to remove the left and right AC vent panels. They are held in by two screw each and then just pop out. This will give you access to the top bin screws to make it easier to clear the top two brackets. The AC controls also must be removed.
Old 03-15-2015, 06:20 PM   #5

Finally got the radio out. The antenna on the dash I thought was the satellite radio seems to be the navigation. The antenna on the roof I can not trace the wires down, they disappear behind closed walls. Thanks for the help anyway.
Old 03-15-2015, 06:31 PM   #6

Quote:
Finally got the radio out. The antenna on the dash I thought was the satellite radio seems to be the navigation. The antenna on the roof I can not trace the wires down, they disappear behind closed walls. Thanks for the help anyway.
Are you sure it has a satellite antenna? The Magnadynes did not come with one. The radios were "Satellite ready" which means you have to add the receiver and the antenna. Don't know about the Jensen.
Old 03-15-2015, 08:01 PM   #7

There is a small antenna on the roof about over the side door that looks like the navigation antenna on the dash. I thought it was a satellite antenna but I could be wrong. Unfortunately my dealer is worthless and can not help.
Old 03-16-2015, 12:20 AM   #8

Sirius XM

The one on the roof is the SiriusXM Ant. Mine was covered in Dicor and I had to remove some of it to get signal. It is now working well.

Here is the wiring diagram of our Jensen head unit: http://www.jensenmobile.com/docs/com...M9726BT_IM.pdf

The SiriusXM Ant plugs into the Blue connector.

Here is more info on the Jensen VM9726BT: Jensen : Mobile Multimedia : VM9726BT

Good Luck!

2015 Solera MBS 24R - Hellwig/Sumo Equipped, Sold
(Sold the Vibe TT, as well)
Pod2Vibe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2015, 05:29 AM   #9

Quote:
There is a small antenna on the roof about over the side door that looks like the navigation antenna on the dash. I thought it was a satellite antenna but I could be wrong. Unfortunately my dealer is worthless and can not help.
Sounds like a satellite antenna.
Old 03-16-2015, 01:42 PM   #10
Commercial Member

All the Jensen's get the Sirius tuner and antenna standard.

We got tired of getting yelled at for Sirius's bad language of "Sirius Ready"....which to me is a load of crap. If its ready, its ready, just give them a credit card. That was not the case.

It is now.

Subscribe for "How To" videos and updates https://www.youtube.com/c/DynamaxRVs/

Sales-Service-Parts https://dynamaxcorp.com/contact-us
bclemens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2015, 05:00 PM   #11

^^^^ Now that is example how a company solves a problem. Even when it's not theirs. Bravo Mr. Clemens Bravo!

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums

The Peterson Family
Southeast Louisiana
2015 Solera 24R

Living our dreams one day at a time!
Ecopco is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
radio