Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-14-2015, 05:48 PM   #1
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Posts: 9
How do you remove the radio?

Recently purchased a Solera 24R with the Jensen radio. The satellite system does not work. There is one satellite antenna on the dash and another on the roof. I am wondering if the dash antenna is hooked up instead of the roof antenna. I removed 4 small screws that look like they are holding the radio in but I still can not get it to budge. Any suggestions would be appreciated.
__________________

__________________
Walker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2015, 06:24 PM   #2
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Florida/Thailand/Texas
Posts: 230
This may help, go to Remove Megnadyne

__________________

__________________
CaptDan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2015, 03:40 PM   #3
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Posts: 9
Have removed the fake woodgrain panel and removed the torx screws, now the radio seems to be fastened to the AC controls. How do you get it separated or do you pull out all the controls? I do not see any more screws to remove.
__________________
Walker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2015, 06:13 PM   #4
Senior Member
 
Mikegjax's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Orange Park Fl.
Posts: 1,328
Quote:
Originally Posted by Walker View Post
Recently purchased a Solera 24R with the Jensen radio. The satellite system does not work. There is one satellite antenna on the dash and another on the roof. I am wondering if the dash antenna is hooked up instead of the roof antenna. I removed 4 small screws that look like they are holding the radio in but I still can not get it to budge. Any suggestions would be appreciated.
First off I have the Magnadyne, but procedure should be the same.

It helps to remove the left and right AC vent panels. They are held in by two screw each and then just pop out. This will give you access to the top bin screws to make it easier to clear the top two brackets. The AC controls also must be removed.
__________________
2014 Solera 24R
USN Retired
Mikegjax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2015, 07:20 PM   #5
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Posts: 9
Finally got the radio out. The antenna on the dash I thought was the satellite radio seems to be the navigation. The antenna on the roof I can not trace the wires down, they disappear behind closed walls. Thanks for the help anyway.
__________________
Walker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2015, 07:31 PM   #6
Senior Member
 
Mikegjax's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Orange Park Fl.
Posts: 1,328
Quote:
Originally Posted by Walker View Post
Finally got the radio out. The antenna on the dash I thought was the satellite radio seems to be the navigation. The antenna on the roof I can not trace the wires down, they disappear behind closed walls. Thanks for the help anyway.
Are you sure it has a satellite antenna? The Magnadynes did not come with one. The radios were "Satellite ready" which means you have to add the receiver and the antenna. Don't know about the Jensen.
__________________
2014 Solera 24R
USN Retired
Mikegjax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2015, 09:01 PM   #7
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Posts: 9
There is a small antenna on the roof about over the side door that looks like the navigation antenna on the dash. I thought it was a satellite antenna but I could be wrong. Unfortunately my dealer is worthless and can not help.
__________________
Walker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2015, 01:20 AM   #8
Senior Member
 
Pod2Vibe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: Dublin Ranch, CA
Posts: 273
Sirius XM

The one on the roof is the SiriusXM Ant. Mine was covered in Dicor and I had to remove some of it to get signal. It is now working well.

Here is the wiring diagram of our Jensen head unit: http://www.jensenmobile.com/docs/com...M9726BT_IM.pdf

The SiriusXM Ant plugs into the Blue connector.

Here is more info on the Jensen VM9726BT: Jensen : Mobile Multimedia : VM9726BT

Good Luck!
__________________
Pod2Vibe
2015 Solera MBS 24R - Hellwig/Sumo Equipped
TOAD: 2014 Fiat 500 Abarth

(Sold the Vibe 6506)
Pod2Vibe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2015, 06:29 AM   #9
Senior Member
 
Mikegjax's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Orange Park Fl.
Posts: 1,328
Quote:
Originally Posted by Walker View Post
There is a small antenna on the roof about over the side door that looks like the navigation antenna on the dash. I thought it was a satellite antenna but I could be wrong. Unfortunately my dealer is worthless and can not help.
Sounds like a satellite antenna.
__________________
2014 Solera 24R
USN Retired
Mikegjax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2015, 02:42 PM   #10
GM
 
bclemens's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Elkhart, IN
Posts: 7,094
All the Jensen's get the Sirius tuner and antenna standard.

We got tired of getting yelled at for Sirius's bad language of "Sirius Ready"....which to me is a load of crap. If its ready, its ready, just give them a credit card. That was not the case.

It is now.
__________________

__________________
PLEASE do not send questions via Private Message. Post questions in the forum as a new thread so that other users can benefit from the answers. Use Private Messages for sensitive information only. Our owners manuals are available online and via iPhone/Android Apps. http://www.dynamaxcorp.com/OnlineManual.aspx
bclemens is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
radio

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



» Virginia Campgrounds

Reviews provided by




ForestRiverForums.com is not in any way associated with Forest River, Inc. or its associated RV manufacturing divisions.


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:08 AM.