Old 02-06-2013, 01:30 AM   #51

Quote:
Originally Posted by bclemens View Post
You can ratchet the lever beside the seat to raise the seat. It only goes up about 2"? But it helps.
When I picked up my Solera after the dealer added the swivels they said that they would have to trim off some of the plastic because it would hit during the swivel process. I pointed out that the ratchet would solve that problem.

It would be nice if it would ratchet up another 2 inches.

In the lowest position my wife has her feet dangling, so we have to put something on the floor to take the weight off of the back of her knees. Her ability to drive may be limited. I guess you can't have everything. I suppose I could remove the swivel on the drivers side and let her use padding under her feet in the passenger side.

ATV trailer for the following toys
2008 Yamaha WR250R,2009 Honda CRF150F
2008 Polaris Scrambler 500
PopBeavers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 02:00 AM   #52
2012 Solera

We just have the swivel on the passenger seat. My wife uses Yoga Blocks (Amazon.com: 2 Pack 9 inches x 6 inches x 4 inches Black Yoga Blocks - Saver Pack: Sports & Outdoors) as "foot stools" while facing forward. We have 3 sets of two each, tied together with wire ties - they also work well as "stairs" to step down into the cab from the house. She has no problem driving, as that seat does not have a swivel, and therefore is not raised from the "stock" position. Wife suffers from lower back problems - hence the need for these "fixes".

Old 02-07-2013, 03:26 PM   #53

I'm looking at the ms but

on youtube-i don't understand links-

lichtstin motors has a video

forest river solera vs winnebego view /itasca navion.

brutal

but it does not mention the price difference

ps when i first clicked on this video i just thought it was a normal video of lichtsins offerings
Old 02-07-2013, 03:46 PM   #54

Quote:
Originally Posted by gerrym51 View Post
lichtstin motors has a video

forest river solera vs winnebego view /itasca navion.

brutal
I've seen that one as well. But, to each his own. Personally, I love my Solera and wouldn't trade it for a Winnebago. But, some probably would - kind of like if you like a Chevy ... you don't like a Ford. Again, each have their own preferences!
Old 02-07-2013, 03:52 PM   #55

Quote:
Originally Posted by DebbieMH View Post
I've seen that one as well. But, to each his own. Personally, I love my Solera and wouldn't trade it for a Winnebago. But, some probably would - kind of like if you like a Chevy ... you don't like a Ford. Again, each have their own preferences!

i keep hoping that forest river puts the ms floorplan on a chevy or maybe the new transit platform.

the DPS and EGR of a diesel overall still frighten me.
Old 02-07-2013, 03:56 PM   #56

gerrym51 -

There are a couple of flat out erroneous statements in the video. (example - comparing tongue weight with towing capacity and unlabeled switches).

More importanly, several of the problems that they highlight do not apply to the MS. For example, the step up into the shower is not 13" - it's more like 5", the underseat storage is not applicable, and the underbed storage is inapplicable.

The only thing I didn't like when I took delivery of my 2012 Solera MS was the cheesy radio/media center. I replaced it with a top end Pioneer unit and I'm now happy. Note it would be nice to be able to switch the power source for the media center between chassis and coach.

The Solera is noticeably less expensive than the comparisons. $25,000 matters to me.
Old 02-07-2013, 03:57 PM   #57

Quote:
i keep hoping that forest river puts the ms floorplan on a chevy or maybe the new transit platform.

I'm not sure what you are meaning about a DPS and EGR of a diesel that frighten's you. But, so far, I've again, enjoyed my diesel. The cost of an oil change and stuff will be higher, but that's to be expected. The cost of maintenance on my Corvette is higher than our Dodge Ram .... and the cost of maintenance on our Ram is higher than our Smart car ... so .... again it is what everyone feels important to themselves.
Old 02-07-2013, 04:00 PM   #58

Quote:
What's a DPS? What's an EGR?

I love the Mercedes Sprinter engine/drive train. Choosing a gasoline engine for a truck is a mistake, IMO.
Old 02-07-2013, 04:14 PM   #59

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Wills View Post
What's a DPS? What's an EGR?

I love the Mercedes Sprinter engine/drive train. Choosing a gasoline engine for a truck is a mistake, IMO.

sorry meant DPF-diesel particulate filter-i suggest you google

i would agree with you to diesels prior to 2007 . emissions systems after 2007 are another story
Old 02-07-2013, 04:17 PM   #60

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Wills View Post
gerrym51 -

There are a couple of flat out erroneous statements in the video. (example - comparing tongue weight with towing capacity and unlabeled switches).

More importanly, several of the problems that they highlight do not apply to the MS. For example, the step up into the shower is not 13" - it's more like 5", the underseat storage is not applicable, and the underbed storage is inapplicable.

The only thing I didn't like when I took delivery of my 2012 Solera MS was the cheesy radio/media center. I replaced it with a top end Pioneer unit and I'm now happy. Note it would be nice to be able to switch the power source for the media center between chassis and coach.

The Solera is noticeably less expensive than the comparisons. $25,000 matters to me.
i said it was brutal. i did not say anything else. if i was to buy one i would buy a solera

Tags
solera