Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-15-2015, 09:42 PM   #1

HWH 4-point levelers

Has anyone installed HWH's automatic, one-button, 4-point levelers/stabilizers on their Solera/Forester/Sunseeker or other Mercedes Sprinter motorhome? It apparently is a clamp-on system that does not void the Mercedes warranty because there is no welding or drilling of the chassis. If so, did you get the system installed at the HWH factory in Iowa or elsewhere? Thanks for your input.
lagunacamper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2015, 06:55 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by lagunacamper View Post
Has anyone installed HWH's automatic, one-button, 4-point levelers/stabilizers on their Solera/Forester/Sunseeker or other Mercedes Sprinter motorhome? It apparently is a clamp-on system that does not void the Mercedes warranty because there is no welding or drilling of the chassis. If so, did you get the system installed at the HWH factory in Iowa or elsewhere? Thanks for your input.
I don't have them, but had been interested enough to try and find out how much they weighed (a short while back). When I discovered that they would add something slightly more than 225 lbs I decided not to do that. It's hard to determine from the hwh site, such as this link:

Makes it sound like they weigh about 95 lbs: http://www.hwh.com/ml50520.pdf

But then on sprinter-source someone had figured out from other information such as amazon shipping weights that hwh was only giving the weight for a single jack at each end, so you have to double it, then also add the weight of aome extra hardware and components. Gets you up to 225lbs or more.

(check out post #27 in this thread, and the entire thread is worth reading).

Electric Leveling - Page 3 - Sprinter-Forum

The BlackJack system is mentioned there, but I know nothing about it.

For me the weight (even if I removed the stabilizers on my 2401R Forester MBS) is a problem. Still not sure I'd want to spend $4,000 for the HWH system, either ... if the price mentioned in the previously referenced thread is correct.
jdyson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2015, 01:58 AM   #3

Thanks for your input, jdyson. I called the HWH factory in Iowa to inquire about the installed weight of its automatic leveling system for Sprinters and was told that it is just over 200 pounds. And I was told that the system costs $4,400!
lagunacamper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2015, 11:56 AM   #4

The self leveling aspect would be nice.

I found that after installing SumoSprings, the Bigfoot Stabilizers are not needed much.

The rig is very stable with the Sumos.

Best part of having the Bigfoot is that they made it easy to install the rear Sumos.

Could be a good weight saving option to remove them, like a few others have mentioned.

FR may want to think about making the Sumos an option.

2015 Solera MBS 24R - Hellwig/Sumo Equipped, Sold
(Sold the Vibe TT, as well)
Pod2Vibe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2015, 07:11 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pod2Vibe View Post
The self leveling aspect would be nice.

I found that after installing SumoSprings, the Bigfoot Stabilizers are not needed much.

The rig is very stable with the Sumos.

Best part of having the Bigfoot is that they made it easy to install the rear Sumos.

Could be a good weight saving option to remove them, like a few others have mentioned.

FR may want to think about making the Sumos an option.
I'm seriously considering whether it makes sense to remove the levelers and look into an LP tank retrofit to put the 20gal tank used on the coachmen prism on my Forester MBS 2401R.
jdyson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2015, 08:36 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by lagunacamper View Post
Thanks for your input, jdyson. I called the HWH factory in Iowa to inquire about the installed weight of its automatic leveling system for Sprinters and was told that it is just over 200 pounds. And I was told that the system costs $4,400!
OUCH $4,400!

2015 Coachmen Prism 24J MBS
USN-R '01-present
MarsMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2015, 09:01 AM   #7

Pod2vibe after installing sumo springs did it change the ride any from original?

Sent from my iPad using Forest River Forums
Petersb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2015, 01:25 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Petersb View Post
Pod2vibe after installing sumo springs did it change the ride any from original?

Sent from my iPad using Forest River Forums
That is a big yes.

The MBS now has a very quiet ride with no more creaks and groans from the cabover, etc. Plus way more stable and level. Rides like a dream.

Highly recommended front and rear.

2015 Solera MBS 24R - Hellwig/Sumo Equipped, Sold
(Sold the Vibe TT, as well)
Pod2Vibe is offline   Reply With Quote