Old 02-18-2015, 01:10 AM   #1

Interior 12V outlets

I have two dead 12V outlets in my 2013 24S. The outlet under the ashtray and in the back near the bed. All panel fuses seem fine so might be an in-line fuse but don't have a clue where it may be located. Any ideas? All help will be appreciated. Thanks PaDawg.

Old 02-18-2015, 01:50 AM   #2
2012 Solera

I believe the one under the ashtray in the cab is on the Mercedes circuits. On our 2012 that one is a "high power" outlet, rated for 25 amps I think. Check your Mercedes manual for the fuse that operates it - in the cab fuse bank, I believe.
The one at the foot of the bed is on the house circuits. Should be fused in the panel near the floor under the fridge or oven (can never remember which).
If I understand you right and these are the two 12 Volt outlets you are having trouble with, they are on completely independent circuits in our 2012 "S". Any chance you plugged the same thing into both of them - causing them both to fail?

JLeising is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2015, 05:05 PM   #3

Thanks I'll check again and yes I may have plugged the same car charger into both outlets!!
Old 02-18-2015, 06:41 PM   #4

You were right on both counts! Replaced the 15A and works fine, need to pick up a 25A, don't have one yet in my travel kit.
Thanks again.....PaDawg
Old 02-18-2015, 06:44 PM   #5
2012 Solera

Great! Sounds like maybe replace that car charger - or at least check it out for excessive draw - glad you've found the problems.
Regards, Jim
JLeising is online now   Reply With Quote

Tags
electrical