Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Closed Thread

Old 06-11-2014, 09:44 AM   #21
Mod free 5er

Just put a toggle switch on the damn things and do what you want. Talk about making a mountain out of a mole hill.
Old 06-11-2014, 09:48 AM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by f1100turbo View Post
Illinois is another state that adopted "lights on" if "wipers on" law

TURBS

"Sabre owners united"
North Carolina is another one. Good law.

Also, regarding the Silverado, when it gets cloudy and gray, I switch from DRL to full headlights, which illuminates all the marker lights and tail lights on my camper. I agree with your idea of see and be seen. Especially with the tail/brake lights being located so low on most campers.

I like showing my @$$ when visibility is low.

The world is a great book, of which those who never stir from home
read only a page. - St. Augustine
Old 06-11-2014, 09:51 AM   #23

Must be a slow day on the FRF when there's a government debate on DRLs. That being said, I am not without an opinion. The higher degree of visibility on the highways, the safer it is for all commuters. If you are the only vehicle on the highway, then choose as you please.
2019 FR Vibe 28RL
Old 06-11-2014, 09:53 AM   #24
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjones12 View Post
North Carolina is another one. Good law.

Also, regarding the Silverado, when it gets cloudy and gray, I switch from DRL to full headlights, which illuminates all the marker lights and tail lights on my camper. I agree with your idea of see and be seen. Especially with the tail/brake lights being located so low on most campers.

I like showing my @$$ when visibility is low.
If nothing else showing off all the leds!

TURBS

"Sabre owners united"
Old 06-11-2014, 10:05 AM   #25
Site Team

Everything after post #5 from fonzie is superfluous. The OP's question was answered.

Let's give this one a rest, before it becomes necessary to shed all the off-topic stuff.

There's more fellow campers in need of help in other threads, so let's please direct our energies and wisdom towards that purpose.

thanks

A 72 hour hold in a psych unit is beginning to intrigue me as a potential vacation opportunity.
Old 06-11-2014, 10:06 AM   #26

Wait!

"The GM petition was denied by NHTSA in 2009, on grounds of severe methodological and analytical flaws in the studies and data provided by GM as evidence for a safety benefit to DRLs.[26] In denying the petition, NHTSA said (…)the agency remains neutral with respect to a policy regarding the inclusion of DRLs in vehicles (…) we do not find data that provides a definitive safety benefit that justifies Federal regulation (…) manufacturers should continue to make individual decisions regarding DRLs in their vehicles.[26]"

All we are asking for is the choice to " make individual decisions regarding DRLs in their vehicles". Darn good reference. Thank you
Old 06-11-2014, 10:07 AM   #27

I see (Another Poll) coming! Youroo!! So Ex Mods don't jump me, I run with all lights on at all times!
Old 06-11-2014, 10:17 AM   #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by wmtire View Post

Everything after post #5 from fonzie is superfluous. The OP's question was answered.

Let's give this one a rest, before it becomes necessary to shed all the off-topic stuff.

There's more fellow campers in need of help in other threads, so let's please direct our energies and wisdom towards that purpose.

thanks
Why not let the folks who want to discuss this continue to discuss it? And the ones who are tired of it can move on to another topic. What's the problem?

The world is a great book, of which those who never stir from home
read only a page. - St. Augustine
Old 06-11-2014, 10:19 AM   #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by youroo View Post
I see (Another Poll) coming! Youroo!! So Ex Mods don't jump me, I run with all lights on at all times!
Youroo what does " So Ex Mods don't jump" mean? Sorry off topic, but I am trying to understand the side chat since I am a relatively newer member. Send me a private if you would to explain it. Thanks
Old 06-11-2014, 10:33 AM   #30
Site Team

This thread is going to be closed while the site team can decide on which posts to move to their own separate thread concerning state requirements for daytime running lights. Stay tuned.

A 72 hour hold in a psych unit is beginning to intrigue me as a potential vacation opportunity.
Closed Thread

Tags
light