Old 10-21-2015, 10:02 PM   #11

Hey I know the answer and have the same equipment setup as you. Check your TV menu while on appropriate input go to sound options menu and choose audio out through hdmi. I did this and it worked perfectly. Let me know if you need exact menu labels and I can check tomorrow.

Old 10-21-2015, 10:05 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by dukeboone View Post
Question #1: My in dash Jensen VX7020 drops the sound rather frequently. I've tested FM Radio, iPod (via USB Port) & Bluetooth. I've also tested for cellular interference by putting nearby cell phones on airplane mode. I suppose there's potentially a loose wire somewhere? I've also tested while in motion and at rest, doesn't seem to make a difference. Anything else I can test prior to pulling the unit out of the dash and checking it out?

Question #2: I have the Jensen JWM6A coach stereo (which I believe is a new feature) and the Jensen JE3212LEDW 32" flat screen. I cannot seem to figure out how to get the TV Audio to come through the JWM6A system (coach speakers & sub-woofer) rather than the built-in TV speakers. I even watched the youtube video Brian posted over in the Dynamax forum.

Mine does exact same thing when hooked to usb. I suspect it is a internal memory type issue with the unit. Seemed to do it a few times an hour while driving. Small problem but a little annoying.

Old 10-21-2015, 10:09 PM   #13

I also have had problems with the Bluetooth for the main Jensen av system in the living area, it's range appears to be about 3 feet.
Old 10-22-2015, 03:05 AM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pod2Vibe View Post
Btw, Love the new setup that the 2016's have with the JWM6A right next to the TV. Might need to figure out a way to add to my 2015. We all have to use the dash mounted Jensen for all of our audio needs.
It was indeed a welcome surprise as I wasn't aware prior to delivery that it was a new feature.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kysunseekermbs View Post
Hey I know the answer and have the same equipment setup as you. Check your TV menu while on appropriate input go to sound options menu and choose audio out through hdmi. I did this and it worked perfectly. Let me know if you need exact menu labels and I can check tomorrow.
Well it turns out that I have figured out the JWM6A. There's two HDMI cables plugged into the TV, one leads to the back of the JWM6A and the other to an auxiliary HDMI port on the upper shelf that I suspect is for a satellite receiver or something. Anyway I swapped the two HDMI cables on the back of the TV, which appears to have solved multiple nuances.

The TV audio now comes through the JWM6A when it's in the HDMI ARC mode. And now when I plug my iPad into the HDMI port on the upper shelf not only does the video come through on the TV (which it always had) but so does the audio. Previously the only way I had gotten the audio to come through (on an iPad movie) the JWM6A was to use an audio cable with the unit on an Aux input. It seems that I have gotten all functions to work properly: TV (w/ audio through JWM6A), iPad (movies via HDMI & audio through JWM6A), BT music streaming from mobile devices, DVD & of course the stereo.

I also managed to clean up the rats nest of wires behind the JWM6A (and vacuum more sawdust) and route an Apple lightening cable through the back so the lightening end is on the upper shelf by the HDMI port and the USB end is in the cabinet adjacent to the JWM6A where I can use a 12v cigarette adapter to keep the iPad charged while watching movies. I also finally snagged the final errant screw that was rolling around in there, which brings the total in that one area to four.

So I guess this just leaves the other question of the in dash cutting in/out. Not sure I'm going to be able to tackle that one on my own. Thanks again everyone for all your input and assistance.

Cheers!
Old 10-22-2015, 06:16 AM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pod2Vibe View Post
Btw, Love the new setup that the 2016's have with the JWM6A right next to the TV. Might need to figure out a way to add to my 2015. We all have to use the dash mounted Jensen for all of our audio needs.
Yep!!

2015 Forester MBS 2401R
No Toad
FIVE2MH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2016, 12:54 AM   #16

Wow what a great thread. I was just about to ask the same question when I found this. I went outside and swapped my 2 cables and I too now have audio through my coach speakers. I just can't use the TV remote for the volume...unless some one has also figured that out.

My dash radio also would be erratic when using bluetooth pandora on my iphone. I saw that both audio devices were connected so I turned of the coach connection ion my phone when driving. It works great now.
Old 02-07-2016, 05:01 PM   #17

I had a similar issue with the dash radio cutting out. After speaking with the Jensen rep, all I needed to do was reset the stereo by using a paper clip in the small hole below volume control knob.
Old 02-07-2016, 06:10 PM   #18

Thank you, that sounds like an easy fix. I'll have to try the reset on mine. Gosh I sure hope that's the solution for me too!
Old 02-08-2016, 10:28 AM   #19

Jensen Cut out

I also have the cutting out while driving only. Have turned off all voice and sound for GPS and have reset three times to no avail. Just to make things worse my GPS manual does not match unit. Am unable to program destinations and screens don't match examples in book. Guess call to Jensen in order.

Dogpa

2016 Solera 24R
Tow 6X12 Enclosed
dogpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2016, 12:16 PM   #20

Need Help on JWM6A

All, I have read the posts, there is great information, but doesn't seem to fit my case. We are new RV owners, 2016 Solara MBS, like it a lot, just finding a few quirks trying to figure out. On the Jensen TV and JWM6A mobile audio system. I can't get the TV to come through the system and into the speakers. It may be my wiring, apparently my digital TV antenna is wired with coax from antenna to box and them box to TV, I have HDMI cables, I am guessing for the DVD and then I have RCA cables also, not sure what is going on with them. I have tried everything on the thread and nothing works. If anyone has additional suggestions, I would appreciate to hear about it. Thanks

Tags
jensen