Old 06-08-2016, 12:21 PM   #21

Did you look at the video posted further up the list? It's a fairly long (13+ minutes) description of how things are supposed to work...

Dave

Old 06-09-2016, 07:45 AM   #22

Jensen

Dave thanks for response. Yes I did look at entire video. Didn't help. I think problem might be it that the signal is through the coax but have no idea why forest river would have set it up that way

Old 09-06-2016, 12:05 AM   #23

Seems after going through the process of figuring things out yourself there is this forum, awesome by the way but my first post was going to be about the audio from the TV coming through ONLY the TV itself in NOT coming through the Jensen head unit like you'd think, but eventually figured it out.

Seems FR just hurries through the 2 HDMI cables when hooking up the system during assembly, since it sounds from this link not all were having the problem. But the TV itself has 2 HDMI ports, one that is basic that receives audio and video (HDMI 2), and one that receives audio and video, AND has the ability to resend audio (HDMI 1) back to the head unit on the wall. It's kinda like a two way street with information, whereas its bidirectional. This type of input on the back of the TV is called ARC (audio return channel).

Seems even Forest River Tech support was not aware of this, but they should be paying attention to it since to hear the TV through the main system, you have to have these HDMI cables attached properly, and the input settings on the wall unit set to "HDMI ARC". After you do that, wow awesome sound, and loud to even hear over the air conditioner.
Old 09-06-2016, 04:19 AM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by dukeboone View Post
Well Pod2Vibe you've been really helpful and I appreciate it. But it doesn't sound like you're actually the bearer of bad news. I swapped the HDMI cables on the back of the the TV and I suddenly received the audio from the TV signal through the JWM6A.

Here's a photo for reference...
So, you are now getting both TV audio through the JWM6A when playing either TV or DVD? I think mine only does this with a DVD playing.
Old 09-06-2016, 08:41 AM   #25

Oh ya, but think about it the DVD play comes from the head unit on wall, that would work even it were going to HDMI 1 or 2. Nothing bidirectional about that since audio originates from head unit itself in DVD play.
Old 09-06-2016, 04:34 PM   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilmor View Post
So, you are now getting both TV audio through the JWM6A when playing either TV or DVD? I think mine only does this with a DVD playing.
Yes. I can get the TV audio, DVD audio and even the audio when I connect my ipad to the TV using the HDMI port above the Jensen head unit (I think it's intended for a satellite receiver). I believe the HDMI ARC on the TV was originally connected to the satellite receiver port (unused) and the HDMI on TV was connected to the Jensen head unit. I now have the HDMI ARC connected to the Jensen and everything works great.

Tags
jensen