Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-30-2018, 03:19 PM   #1

Jensen Radio VM9726 won't turn on

I can not find the fuse. There are way too many fuse boxes. One person said theirs was near the step on the entrance door? But I did not see one listed for radio. There is one listed for AUX, but that seems to be OK. Is there an inline fuse somewhere? Any help would be appreciated.
oregonct is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2018, 03:43 PM   #2

First...I don't know where the fuse is.

That being said, I suspect that the fuse(s) for the cab radio are much more likely to be Sprinter fuses than Forest River fuses. (The fuses by the entry step are for Forest River equipment.)

There are lots of fuses and other chassis electronic bits located by the driver's door and under the driver's seat. Here's a web site which purports to describe the various Sprinter fuse blocks:
https://www.autogenius.info/mercedes...e-box-diagram/
That list shows several possibilities:
  • # 13 includes radio
  • Fuse block F55/2 # 10 says radio
  • Fuse block F55/2 # 13 also includes radio
Anyway...that's where I'd start. There may also be an inline fuse somewhere behind the dash/radio. I know some folks have taken this stuff apart and may have a better idea of whether there's something in the vicinity of the radio itself.

Good luck!

Dave
Old 10-31-2018, 08:49 PM   #3

Try These

See if you can locate the fuse from
Attached Files
File Type: pdf 24R-Wiring Diagram Coach - 2014.pdf (327.2 KB, 81 views)
File Type: pdf 24R-Wiring Diagram Roof - 2014.pdf (128.8 KB, 60 views)
RJJB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2018, 09:31 PM   #4
2012 Solera

I don’t have the Jensen - my coach came with a Magnadyne, which I eventually replaced with a Kenwood, but I would comment that in my experience there are (at least) two power connections to the radio.
The main power is “switched” - so the radio turns off with the ignition switch or the coach power disconnect switch. A second power line maintains the radio clock setting, station settings, etc when “main power” is off.
Interestingly, my coach came with a small isolation circuit and connections to both the chassis ignition switched power and the coach power (allowing the radio to work if either the ignition is on or the house power disconnect switch is on - can play the radio in camp or while driving with the house disconnect turned off).

You may need to disconnect all sources of 12 volts supplying the radio to reset it...
JLeising is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2018, 06:22 AM   #5

update - Location of 2nd Radio Fuse FOUND

I found the blown fuse in the fuse box near the entrance step. It is a small 15AMP fuse sitting in between two 20AMP (Long black fuses?) ... anyone know where you can get those so I have a replacement in stock?..

It is listed on the fuse panel as AUX (not radio) .. You need to pull it to see if it is blown (or not) as you can not see it very well.

The radio now works when the house switch is on or when the MB is running. This fuse kills the radio on both options by breaking the circuit.

I have had several campers and motorhomes in the last 30 years but the new technologies have driven very complex issues. 90% of my issues in this unit have been electrical in nature.

Thanks to all who have contributed to the successful conclusion of this thread.
oregonct is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2018, 07:02 PM   #6

Your radio won’t turn on because Jensen is a cheap piece of Chinese crap. Replace it.
slipf18 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
jensen, radio