Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-08-2015, 10:51 AM   #1

Keeping it clean

One thing I hate about RV'ing is cleaning the rig after a trip. Getting to the front of the cabover area is a real pain and bugs seem to stick to the material like crazy.

From a friend who is a car nut, I heard about a product called Rejex. You apply it like wax and it leaves a super slick finish. You can apply it to any surface that is smooth and doesn't get hot; windshield, headlight lenses, etc.

I used to use this on my motorcycle and helmet when I was riding and it works amazingly well and thought I would try it on the Solera.

After my recent trip after scouring bugs off the front for hours on end, I applied it to all the front facing surfaces of my rig before putting it back in storage.

I'm fully confident it will make the windshield, hood, and bumper easier to clean, and hoping it does the same for the cabover area, which is the worst part of the job. My wife is a winemaker and harvest season has started which means very long hours and working 6-7 days a week so we won't be using the rig for a while. I'll let folks know how it works the next time out.

Anyone have other products they use for making cleanup easier?
Ogsarg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2015, 11:23 AM   #2

Sea Foam Bugs Be Gone works very well for removing dried on bugs. Spray it on, let stand for 1 minute and brush if of with RV washing brush or rag.
Old 08-08-2015, 11:50 AM   #3
2012 Solera

I use Mr Clean erasers (or generic version) rubber banded to a telescoping windshield squeegee after soaking with sea foam bug-be-gone or other. Honestly haven't noticed much difference in solvents - none work very well for me.
Thanks for the tip on Rejex. Think I'll try. Best coating I've found for easing bug removal so far is old fashioned "Mop-And-Glo"! All the vehicle waxes and similar (including formula 303 - which seems good on other applications) seem to get instantly penetrated by the bug splat. I understand the "Mop-And-Glo" isn't UV stable - maybe our very moderate climate here on the Central CA coast lets me get away with using it.
JLeising is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2015, 12:10 PM   #4

I can attest to the value of using ReJex. I've been using it for several years on my classic cars, Corvettes, motorhome and trailers. It's truly great stuff although a bit expensive at about $25 a bottle. It does go a long ways so it's actually not overly expensive if you measure the price per bottle against the number of applications a bottle will give you!
2015 Ram Laramie Hemi, w/air suspension
30 years RV'ing
11 different RV's
RSchleder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2015, 07:46 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by RSchleder View Post
I can attest to the value of using ReJex. I've been using it for several years on my classic cars, Corvettes, motorhome and trailers. It's truly great stuff although a bit expensive at about $25 a bottle. It does go a long ways so it's actually not overly expensive if you measure the price per bottle against the number of applications a bottle will give you!

Can you talk to the issue of bug removal from the hard to reach cab over on a C, ease there of, etc.for this product. Greatly appreciated, and like others don't see any real difference with waxes, etc. that I have tried.
Still Kickin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2015, 09:21 AM   #6

Is there anything we should not use with Gel coating? We have trouble getting off bugs, also, but don't want to ruin the coating.
Old 08-30-2015, 01:42 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spud Gal View Post
Is there anything we should not use with Gel coating? We have trouble getting off bugs, also, but don't want to ruin the coating.
This is what I use on my Solera . Works great!!
Bugs B Gone - Sea Foam Sales Company
Old 08-30-2015, 04:19 PM   #8

I've found the easiest way to clean the front cab over is from the roof using a good vehicle brush and lots of soap. Then again maybe not the easiest way but it works.
Old 08-30-2015, 04:30 PM   #9

Lukas oil has came out with a spray in a blue bottle, you wipe it on every other wash. I do it after every wash and just use a brush and soap and water and they come right off no hard scrubbing at all. It will make that cap look like brand new or even better I think. Been using it all season no problem at all. You can get it at Napa. I mean it is best stuff I have ever used....

Witch Doctor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2015, 08:38 AM   #10

On sale now! Free shipping.
http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_ss...ug%2Caps%2C167
Old 09-04-2015, 07:29 AM   #11

LA's totally Awesome..
From Dollar General ...it really is awesome. Spray on and wipe off....best stuff i have ever used for 1$! Bugs are gone in seconds an so are all those black streaks...
Loefflerh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2015, 12:18 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loefflerh View Post
LA's totally Awesome..
From Dollar General ...it really is awesome. Spray on and wipe off....best stuff i have ever used for 1$! Bugs are gone in seconds an so are all those black streaks...
That is good stuff and cheap, but watch out it will take your wax off to. I use it on everything except my fiberglass..

Witch Doctor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2015, 12:41 PM   #13

I use Awesome on many many things, but I don't use it on auto paint. Awesome is very strong and will strip wax if not diluted and I have seen it strip lacquer from wood cabinets. Just be careful.
Old 09-04-2015, 12:51 PM   #14

I use Griot's spray wash and spray wax. After the first application bugs, tar and whatever wipe right off with the next application of the spray wash. I take a bottle with me now. It only takes a couple minutes to make your rig shine even after driving through rain storms.