Old 03-18-2013, 02:11 PM   #1

Ladder

I have a 24R and it has no ladder, presumably because of the rear slide out. However, there seems to be sufficient space on the passenger side of the rear to install a narrow ladder. Is anyone aware of such a feature?

Old 03-18-2013, 02:17 PM   #2

What the dealer service department told me was that the purpose of the built-in ladder was to make it easy to get up onto your roof for routine service.

The Solera 24R roof is not designed to be walked on. Therefore, there is no reason to have a ladder built-in.

Roofs are never to be used for extra storage space.

ATV trailer for the following toys
2008 Yamaha WR250R,2009 Honda CRF150F
2008 Polaris Scrambler 500
PopBeavers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 02:39 PM   #3
Moderator Emeritus

Isn't the Solera 24S designed to be walked on as it has a ladder and a ladder is listed as a standard feature on the FR site. I believe that the reason there's no ladder on the 24R is due to the rear slide.

Bclemens can answer if he comes along.

Dave
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	248486_5[1].jpg
Views:	67
Size:	46.4 KB
ID:	25869  

Nights camped in 2013 - 55, 2014 - 105, 2015 - 63
Dave_Monica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 06:10 PM   #4
GM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PopBeavers View Post
What the dealer service department told me was that the purpose of the built-in ladder was to make it easy to get up onto your roof for routine service.

The Solera 24R roof is not designed to be walked on. Therefore, there is no reason to have a ladder built-in.

Roofs are never to be used for extra storage space.
That is incorrect. The 24R is built just like the 24S (aluminum framed, full walk on). It is because of the rear slide that there is no ladder. I have not looked at it closely, but I'm not sure there IS a "narrow" ladder. Maybe someone here has seen one?
PLEASE do not send questions via Private Message. Post questions in the forum as a new thread so that other users can benefit from the answers. Use Private Messages for sensitive information only. Our owners manuals are available online and via iPhone/Android Apps. http://www.dynamaxcorp.com/OnlineManual.aspx
bclemens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 06:22 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by bclemens View Post
That is incorrect. The 24R is built just like the 24S (aluminum framed, full walk on). It is because of the rear slide that there is no ladder. I have not looked at it closely, but I'm not sure there IS a "narrow" ladder. Maybe someone here has seen one?
Sounds like me dealer did not know, so they made a restrictive conservative guess.

Thanks for clearing this up. Now I know I can stand on the roof to wash the center of the roof, that I can not reach from a ladder on the side.
ATV trailer for the following toys
2008 Yamaha WR250R,2009 Honda CRF150F
2008 Polaris Scrambler 500
PopBeavers is offline   Reply With Quote