Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-28-2015, 08:24 AM   #1

Latest Map Guarantee - Act Fast

Our Solera 24W came with the Jensen multifunction built in radio/navigation system. The manual states that it comes with a "Latest Map Guarantee" and you have 90 days to get your free map upgrades. Not so! You have only 30 days and that's 30 days from the first GPS fix of the unit. That first fix usually happens when the unit is installed at the factory. I missed getting my upgrades by one day and Naviextras, the vendor who provides the maps, would not honor the latest map guarantee. Consequently, I had to purchase the map upgrades.
halbright is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2015, 08:44 AM   #2

Another issue that I discovered with mine is that you can't download upgrades with an Apple computer. They won't support it. I contacted them and basically it's no soup for you if you're an Apple fan. Their response was, yeah, we're thinking about it but you need to borrow someone else's Windows computer to download. Naviextras is definitely NOT Garmin!
Forester Fred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2015, 08:32 PM   #3
Commercial Member

I'll ask our Jensen rep to respond to this.

Subscribe for "How To" videos and updates https://www.youtube.com/c/DynamaxRVs/

Sales-Service-Parts https://dynamaxcorp.com/contact-us
bclemens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2015, 08:39 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by bclemens View Post
I'll ask our Jensen rep to respond to this.
Thanks Brian. I even offered to send them a blank memory card to have them load the update. No response so far - that's from Naviextras, not Jensen.
Old 06-30-2015, 08:42 PM   #5
Commercial Member

Frankly I'm not a big fan of ANY onboard nav. I have a 2014 Jeep that has a great head unit...love the U-Connect. Have never used the nav. If I need Nav, I use the TomTom on my phone. Always easy to update, always free once I have the app. I travel into canada a lot so I needed something that was stored locally and did not need data.

A lot of the newer head units have mirroring. Plug in your phone, use the same nav you are used to. Problem is, we're always selling to 40 years of technology gap. The people that want all the latest and greatest (who yell at us for not having Blu-Ray the day it comes out) and people that are still mad we don't offer 8 track. So it's a catch 22.

Old 06-30-2015, 08:54 PM   #6

I just went to Camping World yesterday and bought the 2015 Rand McNally road atlas. It got me where I wanted to go for the last 30 years. It doesn't require batteries and won't tell you to take a wrong turn. I like the GPS for finding gas stations and places to eat. I always double check GPS directions with a paper map because they make too many mistakes on the GPS.
Old 07-01-2015, 04:15 PM   #7
Commercial Member

Hi halbright,

I have contacted Naviextras in regards to the 90-day free map update issue. As soon as I receive an update on this, I will be in touch. Thank you for your patience.

jensenrvdirect
JENSENRVDirect is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2015, 04:42 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by JENSENRVDirect View Post
Hi halbright,

I have contacted Naviextras in regards to the 90-day free map update issue. As soon as I receive an update on this, I will be in touch. Thank you for your patience.
While you're at it can you ask them about downloads that will work with an Apple computer?
Old 07-01-2015, 05:55 PM   #9
Site Team

What model of Jensen is being installed in the MBS chassis? I've looked, and searched , on the JensenRVDirect website and didn't see any in dash GPS units listed.

Thanks,
Old 07-01-2015, 06:06 PM   #10
Wait till next year...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Skip View Post
I just went to Camping World yesterday and bought the 2015 Rand McNally road atlas. It got me where I wanted to go for the last 30 years. It doesn't require batteries and won't tell you to take a wrong turn. I like the GPS for finding gas stations and places to eat. I always double check GPS directions with a paper map because they make too many mistakes on the GPS.
I use my garmin but I always have traveled with the Delorme Gazetter for what ever state I'm going thru and now I've added the Truckers atlas for low bridge notes
2023 Geo Pro FD19 "Almost there"
2022 Race Car Red HR Long Ford Transit 250 "The Iwish Roamer"
n-e-d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2015, 06:51 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedLdr1 View Post
What model of Jensen is being installed in the MBS chassis? I've looked, and searched , on the JensenRVDirect website and didn't see any in dash GPS units listed.

Thanks,
Mine came with the Jensen VM9726BTC.
halbright is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2015, 07:02 PM   #12
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by halbright View Post
Mine came with the Jensen VM9726BTC.
Thank you!
Old 07-01-2015, 08:19 PM   #13

Quote:

You are so right. A good atlas is a great joy. Still using the 1995 vacation atlas I used on that years road trip. I buy an up to date atlas periodically but I like the old vacation one. Wish Rand McNally would put out another one.

Sent from my iPad using Forest River Forums
dj3spots is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2015, 07:19 AM   #14
Commercial Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedLdr1 View Post

Thanks,
VM9726BT

Old 07-02-2015, 11:27 AM   #15
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by bclemens View Post
VM9726BT
Thanks, I've downloaded the manuals so I can start reading up on it...
Old 07-02-2015, 11:54 AM   #16
Georgia Rally Coordinator

For what it's worth the upgrades are useless. If you think you will see a lot of new data wrong. A few years back I fell into the trap from Dodge as I had there Nav system. End of first year up grade pops up. I thought might be good as I had some things that I could not find. sooo I bit for $200 to up grade Ha that was a joke still had the same issues. Even the new portables say we provide free up dates. Can't see nothing new except to add red light camera locations and useless detour data. If they are asking for $ to upgrade save it. Later RJD
2018 Dodge Ram 2500 6.4 3:73 gearing.(sold) (sold) 2015 Chevy 2500 6.0, 4:10
Traded 2015 30WRLIKS V-Lite
Days camped 2019 62
Days camped 2020 49 days camped 2021-74 2022-40 days 2023 5 days
aceinspp is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2015, 07:19 AM   #17

Nothing back from the Jenson Rep yet?
Old 07-05-2015, 06:07 PM   #18

Yes, yes Garmin. Much better than the Jensen Nav.
lacamastraveler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2015, 06:15 PM   #19
Georgia Rally Coordinator

yep Garmin lots better. For get the up grades useless. Later RJD
2018 Dodge Ram 2500 6.4 3:73 gearing.(sold) (sold) 2015 Chevy 2500 6.0, 4:10
Traded 2015 30WRLIKS V-Lite
Days camped 2019 62
Days camped 2020 49 days camped 2021-74 2022-40 days 2023 5 days
aceinspp is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2015, 08:55 AM   #20
Commercial Member

Quote:
While you're at it can you ask them about downloads that will work with an Apple computer?

Hi Captain Skip,

I asked Naviextras about support for the Mac OS and was told that while they do plan on releasing the Toolbox on other platforms, such as Linux & Mac, it is not yet available. Current support is for Windows XP SP3, Windows 7 & Windows 8 only.

While I understand this isn’t ideal, I would suggest trying to borrow a Windows PC to run the Toolbox from until support for Mac OS is released.

Sending in a blank memory card won’t work, unfortunately. The Naviextras Toolbox software must connect to the internet and read the data on the microSD card that is currently in your radio so it can pull the device ID info and determine what current nav software is installed and licensed/activated. From there, the Toolbox will check against the database for available updates to see what updates/upgrades you qualify for (free or purchased). The Toolbox is the portal to their download server for software updates. You need to create an account through Naviextras to do this as the device and any software updates you acquire (free or purchased) will be registered to you and your device. The Toolbox will also act as a way to manage backups for the microSD card, which is handy in the event of a card failure.

jensenrvdirect
JENSENRVDirect is offline   Reply With Quote