Old 06-28-2015, 09:24 AM   #1

Latest Map Guarantee - Act Fast

Our Solera 24W came with the Jensen multifunction built in radio/navigation system. The manual states that it comes with a "Latest Map Guarantee" and you have 90 days to get your free map upgrades. Not so! You have only 30 days and that's 30 days from the first GPS fix of the unit. That first fix usually happens when the unit is installed at the factory. I missed getting my upgrades by one day and Naviextras, the vendor who provides the maps, would not honor the latest map guarantee. Consequently, I had to purchase the map upgrades.

Old 06-28-2015, 09:44 AM   #2

Another issue that I discovered with mine is that you can't download upgrades with an Apple computer. They won't support it. I contacted them and basically it's no soup for you if you're an Apple fan. Their response was, yeah, we're thinking about it but you need to borrow someone else's Windows computer to download. Naviextras is definitely NOT Garmin!

Old 06-30-2015, 09:32 PM   #3
GM

I'll ask our Jensen rep to respond to this.
PLEASE do not send questions via Private Message. Post questions in the forum as a new thread so that other users can benefit from the answers. Use Private Messages for sensitive information only. Our owners manuals are available online and via iPhone/Android Apps. http://www.dynamaxcorp.com/OnlineManual.aspx
bclemens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2015, 09:39 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by bclemens View Post
I'll ask our Jensen rep to respond to this.
Thanks Brian. I even offered to send them a blank memory card to have them load the update. No response so far - that's from Naviextras, not Jensen.
Old 06-30-2015, 09:42 PM   #5
GM

Frankly I'm not a big fan of ANY onboard nav. I have a 2014 Jeep that has a great head unit...love the U-Connect. Have never used the nav. If I need Nav, I use the TomTom on my phone. Always easy to update, always free once I have the app. I travel into canada a lot so I needed something that was stored locally and did not need data.

A lot of the newer head units have mirroring. Plug in your phone, use the same nav you are used to. Problem is, we're always selling to 40 years of technology gap. The people that want all the latest and greatest (who yell at us for not having Blu-Ray the day it comes out) and people that are still mad we don't offer 8 track. So it's a catch 22.
PLEASE do not send questions via Private Message. Post questions in the forum as a new thread so that other users can benefit from the answers. Use Private Messages for sensitive information only. Our owners manuals are available online and via iPhone/Android Apps. http://www.dynamaxcorp.com/OnlineManual.aspx
bclemens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2015, 09:54 PM   #6

I just went to Camping World yesterday and bought the 2015 Rand McNally road atlas. It got me where I wanted to go for the last 30 years. It doesn't require batteries and won't tell you to take a wrong turn. I like the GPS for finding gas stations and places to eat. I always double check GPS directions with a paper map because they make too many mistakes on the GPS.
Old 07-01-2015, 05:15 PM   #7
Commercial Member

Hi halbright,

I have contacted Naviextras in regards to the 90-day free map update issue. As soon as I receive an update on this, I will be in touch. Thank you for your patience.

jensenrvdirect
JENSENRVDirect is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2015, 05:42 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by JENSENRVDirect View Post
Hi halbright,

I have contacted Naviextras in regards to the 90-day free map update issue. As soon as I receive an update on this, I will be in touch. Thank you for your patience.
While you're at it can you ask them about downloads that will work with an Apple computer?
Old 07-01-2015, 06:55 PM   #9

What model of Jensen is being installed in the MBS chassis? I've looked, and searched , on the JensenRVDirect website and didn't see any in dash GPS units listed.

Thanks,

RedLdr1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2015, 07:06 PM   #10
RETIRED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Skip View Post
I just went to Camping World yesterday and bought the 2015 Rand McNally road atlas. It got me where I wanted to go for the last 30 years. It doesn't require batteries and won't tell you to take a wrong turn. I like the GPS for finding gas stations and places to eat. I always double check GPS directions with a paper map because they make too many mistakes on the GPS.
I use my garmin but I always have traveled with the Delorme Gazetter for what ever state I'm going thru and now I've added the Truckers atlas for low bridge notes

2015 Jeep Cherokee
2016 Ford Race Car Red 350HD Cargo Van HR DRW EXT DIY Daytripper "My Little Red Corvette"
n-e-d is offline   Reply With Quote