Old 06-21-2013, 11:59 AM   #21
That is not putty. That is self leveling lap sealant. The most common brand of it is Dicor. Every RV store carries it. It comes in a caulking tube that you need a caulking gun to apply. Get a cheap caulking gun at WalMart or hardware store.

Clean the old surface well. Then dribble the lap sealant over the suspect area. It will self-level somewhat. Don't be shy with it.

This is a common problem on most RVs at the front and rear roof seams. Many people find that installing Eternabond tape over those seams is a better, longer lasting solution. If you google eternabond rv roof you will find enough reading and videos for the rest of the month.

Snowman9000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2013, 11:20 AM   #22
Shout-out to FR warranty dept. After doing a "leak test" and completely resealing the roof on my 2010 Solera and replacing 3 vents, the dealer thought the problem with water leaking through the visor hole on the passenger side was fixed. However, when they washed the vehicle, they found it was still leaking. They traced it to the vertical seam above the passenger door. I asked them to check with FR to see if they would cover the repair under warranty. FR agreed to cover it, even though it is 3 years old and I was not the original owner. They called it a "good will" fix. Thanks, FR. and especially Mike Jankowski. I'm a happy camper again.

scarlton46 is offline   Reply With Quote