Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-10-2014, 09:29 AM   #1
Needs Help

Leaking external Storage

We have been getting a lot of rain. Some storms come with wind. I keep finding water standing in my external storage. None of them seem to be truly dry. I take extra care to make sure they are latched. Anyone else having issues? This thing is new and it's kind of a disappointment.
Living_The_Dream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2014, 09:52 AM   #2
Racin

yes bought my camper in feb one door was letting water in when it rained hard got to looking at it both rear storage doors were bent and not sealing against the weather striping inside the door frame dealer ordered me two new ones
Old 06-10-2014, 09:56 AM   #3
Needs Help

Hmm, mine don't appear bent. It may be that the weatherstriping just needs replaced.
Old 06-10-2014, 10:07 AM   #4

Mine don't leak at all and I've sprayed water directly at the seams. I like the doors but I wish they had adjustments.
mphair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2014, 10:37 AM   #5

My rear storage door leaks not sure what the problem is. I drilled a small hole in the compartment where the water wants to settle to keep it drained. Still looking for the door seal problem.
Old 06-10-2014, 10:50 AM   #6
Racin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Living_The_Dream View Post
Hmm, mine don't appear bent. It may be that the weatherstriping just needs replaced.
the dealer checked to make sure that the part of the door frame that the gasket seals to was not bent run your hand behind the part of the frame were that the gasket is glued to make sure its not bent and make sure the door locks are but on correctly on the inside some times the flat bar that turns on the inside of the door to lock it is put on backwards and wont hold the door flush to the gasket
Old 06-10-2014, 01:58 PM   #7
2012 Solera

On our 2012 Solera "S" the rear compartment on the left side (the one in front of the utility compartment) is open on top. Can see some of the slideout mechanism looking up - spray from wet roads can/does enter. I use it as a "dirty" storage bin - spare sewer slinkies and connectors, etc - go in that compartment. My other compartments seem to be water tight.
JLeising is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2014, 05:22 PM   #8
Northern Most Member ?

Several our our stratage compartments also leak.
I am convinced the water is coming from the seems/ edges of the roto molded compartments.
The lower compartment just behind the coach door leaks the worst because it's behind the front right tire.
In other words water seeps in while driving in the rain or on wet roads.
I plan on sealing all seems with silicone.
Toolman Taylor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2014, 09:56 AM   #9

mine were all leaking too. found out what happens is the water runs down the frame outside the rubber seal to the bottom. there it enters the compartment through the screws that fasten the frame to the body. i sealed all the screws with silicone adhesive and there are no longer any leaks.
dswiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2014, 09:16 AM   #10
Needs Help

My seals look fine. So I think the looking for leaks around the door is next on my list. It's been dry for the last few days so I haven't given it much thought. I'm sure a little wind driven rain will bring it back to the top of my todo list.

Tags
leak, storage