Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-16-2013, 07:34 PM   #21

I took these picture today one shows the height with ruler set up next to the jacks.[ATTACH]Click image for larger version

Name:	PICT0001.jpg
Views:	232
Size:	59.3 KB
ID:	28166

Click image for larger version

Name:	PICT0002.jpg
Views:	204
Size:	60.9 KB
ID:	28167

Click image for larger version

Name:	PICT0003.jpg
Views:	203
Size:	60.0 KB
ID:	28168[/ATTACH]
Old 04-16-2013, 09:47 PM   #22
2012 Solera

looks like 9 inches; I know that mine will scrape on an incline if i'm not careful.
I think the stability is worth the annoyance.
JamesR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 11:00 PM   #23

I scraped mine twice today. Forgot to exit a driveway on a sufficient angle.

Can't believe I did that twice.
ATV trailer for the following toys
2008 Yamaha WR250R,2009 Honda CRF150F
2008 Polaris Scrambler 500
PopBeavers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 11:28 PM   #24

That is what is keeping me from buying
Worried about ripping off a thousand miles from home. I'm interested in the other system posted here IF ground clearances are better
Sandiegodoug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 08:03 AM   #25
Commercial Member

Only other option might be "telescopic jacks" that HWH is doing. Which we do not offer.

We had this system custom built. The bigger the "throw", the lower the ground clearance. The better the ground clearance, the shorter the "throw" so you may need a huge stack of blocks.

9" was the compromise and if I'm not mistaken...there is a suspension part that has the same clearance. We figured we would be no lower than the lowest chassis part (even though its further forward). We had to pick a number.

Subscribe for "How To" videos and updates https://www.youtube.com/c/DynamaxRVs/

Sales-Service-Parts https://dynamaxcorp.com/contact-us
bclemens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2013, 10:18 PM   #26

Has the clearance issued been resolved by Bigfoot or Solera? Just bought a 2013 Solera 24RS and the dealer says he can install the Bigfoot automatic leveling system for $3,800. A neighbor recently had the HWH system installed on his 2013 24" Navion IQ (same Sprinter chassis as the Solera) at a cost o $5,300. His dealer had problems getting the system installed on the Sprinter chassis but was finally able to do so. The system seems to work fine.

I like the Bigfoot system...and, the better price...and am wondering if any improvements have been made regarding ground clerance. Any thoughts?
Tranquil Jim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2013, 08:55 AM   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tranquil Jim View Post
Has the clearance issued been resolved by Bigfoot or Solera? Just bought a 2013 Solera 24RS and the dealer says he can install the Bigfoot automatic leveling system for $3,800. A neighbor recently had the HWH system installed on his 2013 24" Navion IQ (same Sprinter chassis as the Solera) at a cost o $5,300. His dealer had problems getting the system installed on the Sprinter chassis but was finally able to do so. The system seems to work fine.

I like the Bigfoot system...and, the better price...and am wondering if any improvements have been made regarding ground clerance. Any thoughts?
Looking at the prints for their jacks, it looks like they're quoting QEi-12 jacks that have retracted length of 16.5" But there are a couple others that have shorter retracted lengths that, if adaptable, would have 1 or 2" shorter retracted lengths. Might be worth a call to Quadra and ask about this. They have shorter reaches, also, but could compensate for this with a couple of blocks under the jacks.

By the way, was not aware that Quadra was now offering a 4-point system for the Sprinter.
Taylorgso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2013, 08:05 PM   #28

My understand is the big foot system is to steady coach after you level it not a leveling system
Also the one at my dealer had a couple of toggle switches to lower each one but I guess when u start engine they retract
I found a couple of hydraulic jacks do same thing
I called Bigfoot and they would ship me system for around 1500 and help me with any instillation question but my wife is satisfied with the jack solution
Sandiegodoug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2013, 08:22 PM   #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandiegodoug View Post
My understand is the big foot system is to steady coach after you level it not a leveling system
Also the one at my dealer had a couple of toggle switches to lower each one but I guess when u start engine they retract
I found a couple of hydraulic jacks do same thing
I called Bigfoot and they would ship me system for around 1500 and help me with any instillation question but my wife is satisfied with the jack solution
I think you are referring to the 2-point system, which works as you describe. Bigfoot also offers a 4-point system...at a bit more than twice the price you mentioned...that has automatic leveling at four points. I am communicating with Bigfoot and my dealer about that particular system.
Old 06-26-2013, 10:32 PM   #30

Quote:
I think you are referring to the 2-point system, which works as you describe. Bigfoot also offers a 4-point system...at a bit more than twice the price you mentioned...that has automatic leveling at four points. I am communicating with Bigfoot and my dealer about that particular system.
Jim:
Let us know what you decide. (And what they suggest).
Old 06-27-2013, 04:00 AM   #31

You might also want to understand the cargo carrying capacity you will sacrifice. It's fairly tight and you'd give up about 100lbs of ccc with the Bigfoot system.

Do you solero owners have problems without stabilizer systems?
Rich RV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2013, 05:46 AM   #32

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich RV View Post
You might also want to understand the cargo carrying capacity you will sacrifice. It's fairly tight and you'd give up about 100lbs of ccc with the Bigfoot system.

Do you solero owners have problems without stabilizer systems?
I don't have leveling jacks or stabilizer in mine. I don't even carry blocks (might do that in the future - blocks, I mean). No, this Solera owner doesn't have a problem. It's just two of us and two dogs, so a little rocking when we move around is fine. Kinda fun when it's windy, too!
DebbieMH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2013, 08:44 AM   #33

Quote:
Originally Posted by DebbieMH View Post
I don't have leveling jacks or stabilizer in mine. I don't even carry blocks (might do that in the future - blocks, I mean). No, this Solera owner doesn't have a problem. It's just two of us and two dogs, so a little rocking when we move around is fine. Kinda fun when it's windy, too!
Spoken like a true champ = from the flatlands of LA/AL
Old 06-27-2013, 08:49 AM   #34

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taylorgso View Post
Spoken like a true champ = from the flatlands of LA/AL
You are completely correct! Have only ever taken the Solera to Alabama, Louisiana, Mississippi and Florida. So ... you are right, as soon as we take it somewhere where there are actual hills - I might feel quite different. Very good point!
Old 06-27-2013, 09:08 AM   #35

Quote:
You are completely correct! Have only ever taken the Solera to Alabama, Louisiana, Mississippi and Florida. So ... you are right, as soon as we take it somewhere where there are actual hills - I might feel quite different. Very good point!
Debbie: Oh for a level campsite!! I envy you. I've got the little Hopkins Levels stuck to the side of our Solera, and I've yet to find a campsite completely level here in NC - even though they LOOK level when we pull up to it! Of course, one problem with our MS is lack of storage space, much less than in your S. Here's link to the levelers I use (carry 4 of them). They are lightweight and give 3.5" lift, which is plenty for the short wheelbase Solera in most instances. If not, I'll change campsites!

Come on up here to God's country and you'll need 'em!! LOL

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
Old 06-27-2013, 10:55 AM   #36

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taylorgso View Post
Thanks ... I looked at the above ... looks good. I have a $250 gift card coming in the mail - I'll go back and use it on purchasing 4 of these for when I do venture out of the flat land!
Old 06-27-2013, 11:26 AM   #37

Quote:
Thanks ... I looked at the above ... looks good. I have a $250 gift card coming in the mail - I'll go back and use it on purchasing 4 of these for when I do venture out of the flat land!
If I can suggest, you will need no more than three of them. At least one wheel will remain on the ground; likely two.

I did just get off the phone with my dealer regarding installed weight. Per the information he got from Bigfoot, a four-jack system will add 65-75 pounds to the unit.

As for level campsites, I'm sure they are out there; I've just never found one out here in the Pacific Northwest.
Old 06-27-2013, 12:31 PM   #38

Quote:
If I can suggest, you will need no more than three of them. At least one wheel will remain on the ground; likely two.

I did just get off the phone with my dealer regarding installed weight. Per the information he got from Bigfoot, a four-jack system will add 65-75 pounds to the unit.

As for level campsites, I'm sure they are out there; I've just never found one out here in the Pacific Northwest.
Wow, that's a lot of weight for a Solera, which doesn't have a lot of margin to start with

If you are leveling front to back and don't need side to side, then you'll need four - one for each of the dual wheels. I prefer having one under each wheel - not sure it makes that much difference, but who knows?

Pacific NW sounds like most of the east coast!
Old 06-27-2013, 01:06 PM   #39

I have the big foot stabilizers on my Solera and I can't complain. I did a trip in May and even towing a dolly and car behind me I didn't have any problems getting around. Even going through the mountains in W. Virginia. If you want to call those mountains.
Old 06-27-2013, 07:15 PM   #40

Quote:
Originally Posted by hkreck View Post
I have the big foot stabilizers on my Solera and I can't complain. I did a trip in May and even towing a dolly and car behind me I didn't have any problems getting around. Even going through the mountains in W. Virginia. If you want to call those mountains.
I used to live in WV - yes - those are mountains!