Forest River Forums
Sunline User Photos

Old 05-12-2011, 06:01 PM   #1

Leveling System for Solera

Just took delivery on a 2010 Solera. Love it! Steep learning curve for this old guy. Any advice about the need for installing a leveling system on the Solera? Is there a good inexpensive way to keep the mh level when parked in a campground? Thanks.

Old 05-12-2011, 10:29 PM   #2

I also just bought a Solera. Mine is a 2011. Would like to also get a leveling system installed. Saw some for sale they were just above 3K just for the system. Looked under the camper. It looks like it would be hell trying to install.

Old 05-13-2011, 07:36 AM   #3
Factory Representative

Big Foot Levelers now offers a (2) point stabilizer. (2) hydraulic jacks that come down manually using a key fob. Each one is lowered independently, you might be able to us them to adjust a "slightly out of level unit" but they are mainly for stabilization. We're looking to offer them as an option...but the ground clearance is not where we'd like them yet. They bolt to the frame extension in the back. Problem with any leveler system from the manufacturer is that Mercedes does not let us "weld" onto their frame. We can only bolt, reducing out options. Ground clearance on those was about 8".

I am here by personal choice, not as the official voice of Forest River
bclemens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2011, 10:45 AM   #4

Thanks!

Thanks, that's good information!
Old 01-27-2013, 11:42 PM   #5

Has anyone installed the BigFoot levelers bclemens refers to earlier in this thread? I noted on Quadra's website they claim to offer a 4-point (either automatic or manual) leveling system for a Sprinter chassis as well as a two-point rear stabilizer setup. see this link... Class B - Sprinter Chassis - Bigfoot Quadra Manufacturing
Old 01-28-2013, 05:24 PM   #6

I had the Big Foot levers put on my Solera when I purchased it. They are nice to help keep from swaying after setting up. They do hang down alittle low on the back end however and you have to watch going in and out of some drive or turning onto hills.
hkreck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 05:27 PM   #7

Also I don't know about the 4 point system I have the 2 point rear levelers. I'm not sure the Solera can have a 4 point system put on it.
Old 01-28-2013, 08:56 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by hkreck View Post
Also I don't know about the 4 point system I have the 2 point rear levelers. I'm not sure the Solera can have a 4 point system put on it.
Henry: Thanks for the reply. According to bclemens, they are bolt-on for the solera. I presume they are hydraulic and come with a controller. Interestingly, the BigFoot website shows a 4-point system for Sprinter Chassis, and I wonder if this has been developed since this thread originally began. Taking delivery of our Solera tomorrow... Strongly considering having this installed, but curious about the 4-point system.
Old 01-29-2013, 06:04 PM   #9

I think there was something posted on a thread last year about this also? Might want to look through some of the old threads. Hope your Solera IS AS GREAT AS OURS HAS BEEN.
Old 01-29-2013, 09:00 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by hkreck View Post
I think there was something posted on a thread last year about this also? Might want to look through some of the old threads. Hope your Solera IS AS GREAT AS OURS HAS BEEN.
Henry:
Took delivery today. The drive home from the dealer was about 50 miles, and this thing drives and handles like a dream. We downsized from a 38' pusher, which wanted to wander when an 18-wheeler passed - not with the Solera. Had that rig for 19 years... time to let someone else enjoy it. Spent the last couple hours trying to relearn everything that was covered in the PDI and which I forgot. No faults that we've found yet - keeping my fingers crossed.

I'll search all the back posts and see what I can find on the levelers. I'm also tempted to call Quadra. I did get an email form them stating they will cover the warranty. But I'm concerned about ground clearance.