Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-12-2011, 06:01 PM   #1

Leveling System for Solera

Just took delivery on a 2010 Solera. Love it! Steep learning curve for this old guy. Any advice about the need for installing a leveling system on the Solera? Is there a good inexpensive way to keep the mh level when parked in a campground? Thanks.
scarlton46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2011, 10:29 PM   #2

I also just bought a Solera. Mine is a 2011. Would like to also get a leveling system installed. Saw some for sale they were just above 3K just for the system. Looked under the camper. It looks like it would be hell trying to install.
papap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2011, 07:36 AM   #3
Commercial Member

Big Foot Levelers now offers a (2) point stabilizer. (2) hydraulic jacks that come down manually using a key fob. Each one is lowered independently, you might be able to us them to adjust a "slightly out of level unit" but they are mainly for stabilization. We're looking to offer them as an option...but the ground clearance is not where we'd like them yet. They bolt to the frame extension in the back. Problem with any leveler system from the manufacturer is that Mercedes does not let us "weld" onto their frame. We can only bolt, reducing out options. Ground clearance on those was about 8".

Subscribe for "How To" videos and updates https://www.youtube.com/c/DynamaxRVs/

Sales-Service-Parts https://dynamaxcorp.com/contact-us
bclemens is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2011, 10:45 AM   #4

Thanks!

Thanks, that's good information!
scarlton46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 12:42 AM   #5

Has anyone installed the BigFoot levelers bclemens refers to earlier in this thread? I noted on Quadra's website they claim to offer a 4-point (either automatic or manual) leveling system for a Sprinter chassis as well as a two-point rear stabilizer setup. see this link... Class B - Sprinter Chassis - Bigfoot Quadra Manufacturing
Taylorgso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 06:24 PM   #6

I had the Big Foot levers put on my Solera when I purchased it. They are nice to help keep from swaying after setting up. They do hang down alittle low on the back end however and you have to watch going in and out of some drive or turning onto hills.
Old 01-28-2013, 06:27 PM   #7

Also I don't know about the 4 point system I have the 2 point rear levelers. I'm not sure the Solera can have a 4 point system put on it.
Old 01-28-2013, 09:56 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by hkreck View Post
Also I don't know about the 4 point system I have the 2 point rear levelers. I'm not sure the Solera can have a 4 point system put on it.
Henry: Thanks for the reply. According to bclemens, they are bolt-on for the solera. I presume they are hydraulic and come with a controller. Interestingly, the BigFoot website shows a 4-point system for Sprinter Chassis, and I wonder if this has been developed since this thread originally began. Taking delivery of our Solera tomorrow... Strongly considering having this installed, but curious about the 4-point system.
Old 01-29-2013, 07:04 PM   #9

I think there was something posted on a thread last year about this also? Might want to look through some of the old threads. Hope your Solera IS AS GREAT AS OURS HAS BEEN.
Old 01-29-2013, 10:00 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by hkreck View Post
I think there was something posted on a thread last year about this also? Might want to look through some of the old threads. Hope your Solera IS AS GREAT AS OURS HAS BEEN.
Henry:
Took delivery today. The drive home from the dealer was about 50 miles, and this thing drives and handles like a dream. We downsized from a 38' pusher, which wanted to wander when an 18-wheeler passed - not with the Solera. Had that rig for 19 years... time to let someone else enjoy it. Spent the last couple hours trying to relearn everything that was covered in the PDI and which I forgot. No faults that we've found yet - keeping my fingers crossed.

I'll search all the back posts and see what I can find on the levelers. I'm also tempted to call Quadra. I did get an email form them stating they will cover the warranty. But I'm concerned about ground clearance.
Old 01-29-2013, 11:15 PM   #11
Commercial Member

You can call Quadra. We offer the 2 point stabilizers from the factory now. I am told there is no room to install (2) front jacks. We would also rather not add the weight.

Old 01-30-2013, 12:12 PM   #12

Glad to hear things looking good for you. We can't wait for summer to get here so we can get out with ours again. Planning a trip east this year after going west last year.
Old 01-31-2013, 03:47 PM   #13
Commercial Member

Good idea...looks like you have a few more states to knock out.

Old 01-31-2013, 06:44 PM   #14

Hopeing to get the map colored in completely have to look at making up Washington State sometime thou.
Old 03-03-2013, 10:02 AM   #15

Has anyone installed either the Ultra-Fab PTII-22 or the Stabi-Lite stabilization systems. The Stabi-Lite system apparently was designed specifically for Sprinter based Class B and C's and weighs less than 100lbs. The PTII-22 and for any Class C motorhomes. I would be interested if anyone has seen/installed either of these systems. Both are significantly less expensive that the Bigfoot system. Thanks
devilsquid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 06:17 PM   #16
Commercial Member

I'd be curious to hear as well.

Old 03-04-2013, 08:05 PM   #17
2012 Solera

Saw this product for stabilization and fuel economy! Interesting..

http://www.airtab.com/gallery/rv.html
JamesR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 09:17 PM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesR View Post
Saw this product for stabilization and fuel economy! Interesting..

http://www.airtab.com/gallery/rv.html
Looks good, but not sure how you would get them on there with the awning in the back?
DebbieMH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2013, 02:48 PM   #19

Anyone have any photos of the Bigfoot stabilizers on their Solera? We are in the processing of ordering an MS but were wondering about adding this option. Living in the NE campgrounds are rarely level, lol. However, we also have driveways, etc., that we do not want to bottom out. How is the ground clearance? Any photos? Thanks.
cjscott143 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2013, 09:55 PM   #20

My wife really wants the system but you really give up a little ground clearance. Our s didn't come with it but u can buy the kit from Bigfoot
I'm worried the loss of ground clearance might effect my ability to camp in forest service campgrounds
Sandiegodoug is offline   Reply With Quote