Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-06-2015, 07:50 PM   #1

Lippert slide control module has red AND green lights on. HELP

We're in a parking lot downtown Chicago (just days after being in Goshen where lippert is located. When I went to deploy the kitchen slide out nothing happened. I checked fuse number 4 and its fine. I went to the module near the water tank and it showed a red and green light on solid. Strange. No error code matches that on their troubleshooting PDF.
So I unscrewed it from the attachment point and tipped to read the writing (its mounted upside down) and water came out. The green light promptly went out and the red is now just a faint light. But nothing works. There is juice at the controller. 14.4 volts
Yikes. Is the controller fried? Will it dry out and come back to life. This is a long weekend and we're headed west to Colorado... Any help would be appreciated.
backdoctor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2015, 08:00 PM   #2

One other thing. When I take the fuse out and put it back it there's a small arc. Like power is engaged. This doesn't happen with the other slide at the back. Oh I forgot to mention this is a 24r 2015 Solera.
backdoctor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2015, 08:12 PM   #3

Dry circuit with hairdryer on lo.
Try it. Call Lippert in the morning and have card forwarded. Proceed to your destination and hopefully new card catches up to you. One slide in isn't the worst that can go wrong.
VinceU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2015, 07:47 AM   #4

This is obvious but, you need to locate where the water is coming from, otherwise what good would putting in another board. If you can get the board inside a large sealable plastic bag after you intially dry it with the hair dryer, fill the bag with rice and let it sit sealed inside for up to a day.

That will wick any microscopic water off the board. Good luck.
Still Kickin is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
light, slide, modifications