Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-17-2014, 06:59 PM   #1

Looking to possibly purchase a Solera

Presently, I own a 2013 Lexington 283 GTS, and am now looking at purchasing a new 2014 or 2015 Solera 24R. It is only my wife and myself so the smaller size would work. What I am really looking for is much better handling on the road and possibly not having a toad behind. My wife and I drove a 2014 24S today and liked the way it handled very much. The Mercedes Diesel engine and drive train seem well matched. Any thoughts on changing to the Solera would be appreciated. Thanks.

Sent from my iPad using Forest River Forums
Old 07-17-2014, 07:17 PM   #2

Our 24S has proven to be just fine once we added Solar and an inverter for boon-docking.

No changes to the Sprinter as it works flawlessly after 30k miles.

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums
Old 07-17-2014, 09:01 PM   #3

I find the 24R to handle very well. Some add the Helwig sway bar to improve handling even more, but I think it does well without. I am able to drive many hours without tiring out which I attribute to the comfort of the Sprinter.
Old 07-17-2014, 11:14 PM   #4

Love our 24s
Just get a foam topper for the bed
Amazing amount of storage both interior and exterior and the unit will fit on any camping spot

Sandiegodoug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2014, 07:14 PM   #5

We bought a new 2014 24R today. We will take delivery in a week to 10 days. Thanks to all who replied. Will be head to the Forest River rally Aug 2nd. Hope to meet some of you there.

Old 07-20-2014, 04:22 PM   #6
Commercial Member

Just a heads up, all the 2015 Solera's should be coming with memory foam in the mattress.

Subscribe for "How To" videos and updates https://www.youtube.com/c/DynamaxRVs/

Sales-Service-Parts https://dynamaxcorp.com/contact-us
bclemens is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2014, 03:41 PM   #7

Bclemens wrote: Just a heads up, all the 2015 Solera's should be coming with memory foam in the mattress.

I am at the FROG Rally and just saw and felt the new mattress. It is really nice. Would it be possible to purchase one for my 2014 Solera 24RLS and have it sent to me? I am scheduled for the Solera factory tour on Thursday. Thanks.

Old 08-04-2014, 03:48 PM   #8
Commercial Member

I have to talk to the parts department about how they would handle that. They typically only go through dealers for various reasons.

I'll be out at the show tomorrow along with helping with the tour on Tuesday. I'll see if I can get an answer by then.

Old 08-04-2014, 03:57 PM   #9

I just bought a 2015 Solera but it didnot have the memory foam?
Jnkier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2014, 04:04 PM   #10
Commercial Member

It's a running change, not listed in the current brochure.

They look just like a normal mattress. I also plan on changing the cover to a micro-fiber so its easier to tell.

Old 08-04-2014, 04:44 PM   #11

I'm with David100 I'd love to purchase one of these if a way can be figured to do it. I have a 2013 24S. With the corner bed.
Old 08-04-2014, 07:33 PM   #12
2012 Solera 24S

Quote:
Originally Posted by hkreck View Post
I'm with David100 I'd love to purchase one of these if a way can be figured to do it. I have a 2013 24S. With the corner bed.
Same here, 2012.

I have been putting off doing my own, if I could purchase a factory specific model at a reasonable price I'd be in.
Nats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2014, 09:42 AM   #13
Commercial Member

I talked to Parts. While they prefer to deal with dealers due to shipping location/staff and (hopefully knowledgeable installers) they would be willing to make an exception in situations like this.

As for the "reasonable price" part..I have no control over that.

I will say, I spec'd out the mattresses and the latest version uses a microfiber cover. If its not microfiber, the softness of the memory foam is not fully felt with a stiffer fabric. It's a memory foam top, with a denser foam core so that it doesn't break down in the middle. The mattress at the FROG rally is the same foam construction but with the older cover (stiffer).

24R, 2400R, 2401R Memory Foam Mattress w/ micro fiber ticking: S70248
24S, 2400S, 2401S Memory Foam Mattress w/ micro fiber ticking: S70271

You can contact parts at 574-206-7600. I have no idea on pricing.

Old 08-29-2014, 08:05 PM   #14

2015 memory foam mattress

Quote:
Originally Posted by bclemens View Post
Just a heads up, all the 2015 Solera's should be coming with memory foam in the mattress.
After seeing this post, we contacted our sales rep via email to make sure the 2015 Solera 24R that we have on order will come with the new memory foam mattress. She said she would check on it, but STILL hasn't contacted us back. Other than going thru her, (which I know we should, but she isn't always the most knowledgeable) how can we be sure we'll get one of these mattresses on our bed?

Thanks for all your valuable "insider" information!
behindthewheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2015, 03:12 PM   #15

Are there any other changes in the later 2015 Solera 24J with the corner bed? I am especially interested in changes in the windows.
mnorthupca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2015, 03:17 PM   #16
Commercial Member

Windows are all frameless windows.
Mattresses are all memory foam. So Behindthewheel if you have something being built now, it will have the memory foam top.

Old 01-20-2015, 10:30 PM   #17

checkout Solera's on RV Trader. they have some nice ones cheaper than you would pay at a dealer.
BLK-9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2015, 10:03 AM   #18

I got my thro RVDirect, very good pricing almost $20000 less than the local dealers.
Old 01-21-2015, 01:44 PM   #19
2015 Forester MBS 2401W

The OP is more than six months ago so he's probably already purchased a MH. But for what's worth, I recommend considering W floorplan as well even though no dealer has it to show.
As for where to get it, I worked with RVD and a couple of local dealers at the same time for months. I got a good deal from RVD and was about to place the order, but a local dealer came through at last minute. So I was happy to place order with them. I ordered Forester MBS 2401W. Solera has all the models except W.
HomeOnWheels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2015, 10:30 AM   #20
Karen, Pete & Chloe Kat

Memory Foam Mattress for 24 R Per BCLEMENS?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bclemens View Post
I talked to Parts. While they prefer to deal with dealers due to shipping location/staff and (hopefully knowledgeable installers) they would be willing to make an exception in situations like this.

As for the "reasonable price" part..I have no control over that.

I will say, I spec'd out the mattresses and the latest version uses a microfiber cover. If its not microfiber, the softness of the memory foam is not fully felt with a stiffer fabric. It's a memory foam top, with a denser foam core so that it doesn't break down in the middle. The mattress at the FROG rally is the same foam construction but with the older cover (stiffer).

24R, 2400R, 2401R Memory Foam Mattress w/ micro fiber ticking: S70248
24S, 2400S, 2401S Memory Foam Mattress w/ micro fiber ticking: S70271

You can contact parts at 574-206-7600. I have no idea on pricing.
Brian, I just took delivery (3 weeks ago) of a 24R. Is there a way I can tell if I have a Memory Foam Mattress on my rear bed?

Pete
sanpedroflyer is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
solera