Old 10-14-2012, 12:53 PM   #1
Robert Mayberry
Lost all clearance lights, tail lights and both low beam headlights.

While at Disneyland I noticed that we had no clearance lights, low beam headlights or tail lights on our 2011 Solera. So on our way back to San Francisco we stopped at our dealer, Toscano RV, in Los Banos.

They took us right in and sent us on our way in about four hours.

Both of the low beam light bulbs were burned out. Also, the circuit board behind the top back wall of that compartment where the shore power cable, tv cable and tank dumps are was getting power into it but none was coming out. They didn't have the board in stock so they took one off a new Solera on the lot.

After they put in the new board and two new light bulbs everything worked perfect and even better, total cost to us was $20.00 for the light bulbs. Forest River really does stand behind their product!

Also, Toscano RV gets a 10 in my book. They do excellent work and are very accomodating.

Bob & Tina
2011 Solera
San Francisco

robertmayberry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012, 06:49 PM   #2
Wow, glad you were able to get it fixed so quickly!

DebbieMH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012, 10:44 AM   #3
Wow I've been fighting this for almost two years. I use mine a lot and all summer I could only drive in the daytime. Does Forest River warranty the 2100 (sold as an 11) that has this problem. No mention on the thread I started, and a Forest River Electrical Engineer is on that thread.
Wish I could call them.

John Rhodes
SoCal Solera
SoCal Solera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012, 12:48 PM   #4
Robert Mayberry
Clearance lights and tail light failures

I would be quite surprised if Forest River did not stand behind their product. I've had more than my share of problems on every trip. They have always taken care of me and I have been off warranry for 10 months at this point.

After Toscano RV in Los Banos replaced that bad board I've had no more problems. Of course only time will tell. By the way, they they did their diagnosis/repair and had me back on the road in four hours!

Mike Janikowski is the Forest River person I've always talked to and he is very helpful. And, as I mentioned in my first post, Bobby, Jeff and James at Toscano RV are incredible. They fix things better than new and I really mean that.
robertmayberry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 05:01 PM   #5
I can only Second your experience with Toscano's RV. They did send the tech to our home (40 miles away) to fix our issues.

2011 Solera
reinerka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 07:00 AM   #6
Send a message via Skype™ to Pedrodasdas
This is exactly waht some of us experienced.
See the post ''Running lights gone''
Unfortunatly, no Forest River dealer near me in Canada. But the problem was also from that board.

Pierrôt and Sylvie D'Astous, Solera 2011
Canada in summer, FL-TX-LO-NM-AZ in winter !
Nights camped in: 2014-96, 2015-139, 2016-89
Pedrodasdas is offline   Reply With Quote