Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-02-2013, 11:27 AM   #1

Magnadyne GPS function updates

Has anybody updated or know how to update the GPS function on the Magnadyne radio to obtain a current map download.
2012WhiteSolera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 01:19 PM   #2

Per the manual that came with it! (On Page 7 of the manual if you have one)
1. Turn off the unit and remove the M4-LCD from the dashboard
2. Remove the SD card from the rear card reader on the back of the M4-LCD
3. Go to: "http://www.igomyway.com/map-updates-and-extras" and follow the instructions.
4. After the SD card is updated, replace the SD card into the rear card reader and reinstall the unit. NOTE: Make sure the card clicks into the holder.
5. Enter the M4-LCD's GPS setup menu from the main setup menu.
6. Select the desired IGO GPS .exe file from the IGO folder.
7. Press the "OK" button to load the file and exit the GPS path setup.
NOTE: The IGO folder in the SD card is the GPS Program. Do not delete any files from it.
Taylorgso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 02:08 PM   #3

Thanks for the step by step procedure. How difficult is it to remove the magnadyne from the dash. I believe I read in other magnadyne subject posts here, that the unit has a special tool, which FR a.k.a. dealer did not receive from the factory, and therefore was not provided on purchase. FR or any others, input here would be appreciated. Thanks
2012WhiteSolera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 02:42 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2012WhiteSolera View Post
Thanks for the step by step procedure. How difficult is it to remove the magnadyne from the dash. I believe I read in other magnadyne subject posts here, that the unit has a special tool, which FR a.k.a. dealer did not receive from the factory, and therefore was not provided on purchase. FR or any others, input here would be appreciated. Thanks
You can order one from Amazon.com.... Just to a search on "Radio removal tool" and I think it's the one for the Ford - $5.26 today's price. Or just drive it by an auto radio shop and ask them to remove the radio; it'll take them only a few seconds and shouldn't charge you much, if any. You can just push it back in place after you've done the mod.
Old 02-02-2013, 02:53 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2012WhiteSolera View Post
Make sure to check the documentation & owners manuals you got with your rig (probably in a drawer). Our radio removal tool was in a plastic bag with some misc wires, etc.
paulmlac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 05:53 PM   #6

After reading this thread I desided to check on this, sure enough the tool was in there, I do have a question thou. How the blank does this thing work? I wrestled with it for over an hour trying to get the radio out but it just won't budge. I'm beginning to think someone use super glue on it.
Old 02-02-2013, 06:20 PM   #7

I've never actually removed the radio but remember seeing the steps in the radio owners manual. If i remember correctly I believe you should have two tools, push them on the holes on the left and right if the radio, and it ejects. Again, never actually done it so... By the way I got the radio owners manual off the net from a google search and that might help if you don't have it.
'94 Coleman Cedar Pop Up
paulmlac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 06:44 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by hkreck View Post
After reading this thread I desided to check on this, sure enough the tool was in there, I do have a question thou. How the blank does this thing work? I wrestled with it for over an hour trying to get the radio out but it just won't budge. I'm beginning to think someone use super glue on it.
Henry:
Push tools (there should be two) into the matching holes on each side of the unit. Push them in all the way and they'll release tabs holding the radio in - you should be able to feel something give inside as you push the tools all the way in. Then put a little tension on the tools by torqueing to the left and right with the tools, and the radio should come out. You probably have not been pushing the tools in far enough!
Old 02-02-2013, 06:48 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulmlac View Post
I've never actually removed the radio but remember seeing the steps in the radio owners manual. If i remember correctly I believe you should have two tools, push them on the holes on the left and right if the radio, and it ejects. Again, never actually done it so... By the way I got the radio owners manual off the net from a google search and that might help if you don't have it.
Here's a youtube video that shows it being done!
Old 02-02-2013, 07:06 PM   #10

Ed

Thanks for the youtube on this, My tools aren't locking into place on the radio I'll try again tomorrow and see what happens. Thanks again.

Henry
Old 02-02-2013, 09:50 PM   #11
2012 Solera

Henry - from an old Magnadyne thread, per JAMiller45 (FR Engineer):
"Chevy and Ford, the radio will come out with the removal tools. Solera is attached to the plastic housing, so you need to remove the front panel, and then remove the screws(TORK) to take out the radio."

From one of my posts in the same thread:
"The removal tools that came with the unit don't work on the Solera installation, as far as I can tell. I pried/pulled off the simulated wood trim (snaps in), disconnected the connector to that piece (emergency flashers, etc), removed the screws for the radio and the climate controls (torqs type), jiggled the unit (radio plus climate controls) out from under the two screw connectors for the dash tray, and pulled it all out."

Link to that old thread: http://www.forestriverforums.com/for...s-23923-5.html

Good Luck -

Jim
JLeising is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 01:36 PM   #12

Jim

Thanks for the info I tried getting the radio out again today and no luck. So I did as you advise and took the dash apart. Afterward I noticed why the radio wouldn't come out. I don't know if these are installed as one unit (radio and bracket) but there was a zip lock attached to the back of the radio and bracket which is why the radio wouldn't slide out after using the removal tools. Anyway fixed that so now the radio does come right out with the use of the tools.
Old 02-03-2013, 02:10 PM   #13
2012 Solera

Henry - Glad to hear you were successful.
Jim
JLeising is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 10:08 PM   #14

Henry:
Echoing Jim. Glad to hear you got it out. I'll keep all that in mind. I plan on adding Sirius to mine, and will have to take it out.