Old 12-19-2013, 09:57 AM   #11
"Since you order so many radio's can you not insist they make them work correctly?"

I'd love that. But its' sort of like me telling my kids. "I pay your college tuition I insist you get straight A's". In the end our only leverage is our business. We can take it elsewhere. But once the threat is implemented, you have no carrot, you have no stick. But sometimes that is all you can do.

We try and find balance. Consider the "Bell Curve". A small percentage of people don't care what it costs. They will pay $1000 for a top of the line system. Why skimp? An equal percentage don't want any bells and whistles. They want a cheap price so they're fine with radio only (as we see on some competitors). The heart of the market want a good number of features at a fair price. That's where we like to be. Great value. But in the end, it has to work. We don't see a whole slew of problems, but we see enough problems to cause concern. Unfortunately we are at their mercy in making those issues go away. If not, our only choice is to look elsewhere.

PLEASE do not send questions via Private Message, my inbox fills up too quickly. Post questions in the forum as a new thread so that other users can benefit from the answers. Use Private Messages for sensitive information only (VIN, Contact info or things you do not want the public to see).
bclemens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2013, 10:07 AM   #12
I totally agree you can not threaten without having a backup plan.

Perhaps you could ask them for a plan or a schedule on fixing the reported issues.

I suspect they know the contract is up for renewal and they would want to extend it, so this would be a good card for them to have to convince FR to continue with them.

I have time and would be willing to test all upgrades and fixes and give a report to FR.

Lets work together and make your products better together.

13larry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2013, 04:56 PM   #13
Same issue with my Magnadyne's time resetting (just on a Sunseeker). Numerous calls and emails to them. I even sent them a video of me setting the time and it resetting just a few seconds later. I really don't think they believed me. Funny thing is they told me they had never heard of it before. In reading this and other posts; however, I'm obviously not the only one. I updated software twice. They sent me a replacement radio. Still no luck. I've decided to just live with it. FWIW (because it's water under the bridge at this point in time) it's a unit that has a lot of functions but some of the most basic ones such as the time just don't work.
paulmlac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2013, 05:08 PM   #14
Average Joe
I have the same issues. We reset the time each trip. I've been watching the forum for solutions. Until then, it's on my pre-trip checklist.
Joe and Karen
2014 Sunseeker 2450sf

Southern Maryland and Beyond!

MrJoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2013, 05:13 PM   #15
Originally Posted by MrJoe View Post
I have the same issues. We reset the time each trip. I've been watching the forum for solutions. Until then, it's on my pre-trip checklist.
And it stays then? You're lucky. If I'm on a trip with the battery disconnect connected, and I set the time, it still resets (sometimes as much as 5 times in a couple miles).
paulmlac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2013, 05:47 PM   #16
Update from Magadyne

I got an email today from Magadyne. They may have a fix. They believe the issue is with the GPS software. I will keep everyone posted when it is available. Also I have asked for an early copy to test.

PS they also told me that they never heard of this issue and replaced the radio once.
"We have determined that the GPS time issue is the fault of the GPS map programming and we are working with the map supplier to get an update on their website for customers to update the map card O.S. to correct the time issue. Sorry it is taking so long but we should have something available before the 2014 RVing season.
I will keep you advised."
Old 12-19-2013, 06:05 PM   #17
My clock is never right. For one thing, it is always on a different time zone. I set it then it changes two hours earlier.

We all need to realize that this is a windows-based system. Those of us who use windows computers know that they are constantly updating to fix bugs. As long as Magnadyne is using windows they will constantly have problems.

I have learned to ignore the little things like the clock, and have read the instructions (something I don't always do) and do appreciate the many features. I use the XM radio (added tuner), the iPod interface, GPS, Bluetooth for phone, and DVD player. I'm glad FR shopped for a feature-rich unit. Maybe next time ask what operating system is used.
2012 Forest River Sunseeker 2300 Chevy
RvBill3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2013, 08:12 PM   #18
Magnadyne radio time changes.

RvBill3, as a programmer for the windows platform - I have to say that I feel like your blame is misguided. Being on windows isn't a problem in and of itself. For our production sites- we have as much issues with our .net/Windows code as we do our Java/Linux code. 99% of the time or more it comes down to the hands coding it vs. the platform that it is running on.

But, to avoid hijacking the thread - like Forrest Gump, "That's all I have to say about that."
2013 Sabre 36QBOK pulled by a 2012 Ram 3500 DRW
Blogs: Learn to RV & Personal Fulltiming Adventure
Towing Calculators: Towing Planner
ependydad is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2013, 05:32 PM   #19
When I first power up the radio after the battery has been off for sometime, the radio time will not be correct. After a few moments the time is updated to the correct time. The GPS time however is not correct and from what I can see it cannot be changed. I use the time remaining function anyway rather than the GPS time. My radio has the SD card in the front.
2014 Solera 24R
USN Retired
Mikegjax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2013, 08:29 PM   #20
Reply to MIKE...

Wow that is strange, my radio is the same vintage as yours, (front load memory card) and the GPS time is always correct, just the radio jumps around after setting.

If you have time please read the label on the GPS memory card, it is easily removed with the radio off, push in on the card and it should pop out.

Mine is labelled:

Magnadyne Corp
Model GPSSD1
S/N 5624 REV C
With Premium Poi

Thanks Larry