Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-25-2013, 09:38 PM   #41
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 440
Magnadyne radio time changes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeA View Post
Is there a way to use the GPS without listening to background hum from the radio?

Mike

Yes. Select a source such as USB or the auxiliary input (I can't remember the exact names on the screen). Basically pick a source other than radio. Then go into the GPS. There won't be any background static.
__________________

__________________
All previous rigs below are sold - waiting until the kids graduate to the buy the next one!
'13 Forest River Sunseeker 3100 Class C
'04 Fleetwood Sedona Pop Up / Reese Mini 350 / Prodigy / BAL
'94 Coleman Cedar Pop Up
paulmlac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2013, 09:42 PM   #42
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 196
I have done that, but it seems a bit tedious, especially when starting the unit up.

Mike
__________________

__________________
MikeA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2013, 07:27 AM   #43
Senior Member
 
MountainTrippers's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Virginia
Posts: 145
Magnadyne

Just another one of the many Magnadynes many features.
__________________
George & Karen
2014 F150 4X4 5.0L 3.55 Axle
Husky Centerline TS 1200lb 4 point WDH
2017 Rockwood Mini Lite 2109S
Palmyra,VA
MountainTrippers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2013, 12:09 AM   #44
GM
 
bclemens's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Elkhart, IN
Posts: 7,094
Just to follow up, Magnadyne continues to work on bug fixes and has been releasing software updates. From what I have seen their service and support has been pretty good.
__________________
PLEASE do not send questions via Private Message. Post questions in the forum as a new thread so that other users can benefit from the answers. Use Private Messages for sensitive information only. Our owners manuals are available online and via iPhone/Android Apps. http://www.dynamaxcorp.com/OnlineManual.aspx
bclemens is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2014, 09:01 PM   #45
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: South Dakota
Posts: 261
Quote:
Originally Posted by DebbieMH View Post
Best to ask Santa for a Kenwood unit!
I know you've posted this before, but I can't find it ... what model Kenwood did you go with? And do you like it?
Thanks Debbie.
__________________
Larry, Paula & Bailey the Adorable Red Toy Poodle
aspengirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2014, 09:38 PM   #46
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: New Orleans, LA
Posts: 632
I love our Kenwood. Unfortunately, the one we bought is no longer available.
__________________
DebbieMH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2014, 09:58 PM   #47
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: South Dakota
Posts: 261
Quote:
Originally Posted by DebbieMH View Post
I love our Kenwood. Unfortunately, the one we bought is no longer available.
Thanks. I'll just search their website and see what I can find.
__________________
Larry, Paula & Bailey the Adorable Red Toy Poodle
aspengirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2014, 10:16 PM   #48
2012 Solera
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 983
Quote:
Originally Posted by aspengirl View Post
I know you've posted this before, but I can't find it ... what model Kenwood did you go with? And do you like it?
Thanks Debbie.
I went a slightly different direction than did Debbie and others. I replaced our Magnadyne with a (non-GPS) Kenwood DDX 470 (about $300 from Amazon - Amazon.com: Kenwood DDX470 Double Din: Car Electronics). Also added a "stand alone" GPS - a Garmin RV760lmt. I like having the GPS independent of the entertainment center - I like the map visible continuously. Also, the 760lmt has "lifetime" map updates and trafffic. I mounted the Garmin above the radio in the center dash well - used a Garmin beanbag-type mount, raised about an inch with a fill board. We also really like the Kenwood. I had to replace the Magnadyne connectors with the Kenwood connectors, but did not have to pull any new wires. The Kenwood mount worked fine in the hole the Magnadyne came out of. I did add a push-button dimmer (breaks the connection to the headlight wire to "undim" the display) as the Solera has the headlights on full time.
__________________
JLeising
2012 Solera "S"
Calif SF Bay Area
JLeising is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2014, 10:24 PM   #49
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: South Dakota
Posts: 261
Quote:
Originally Posted by JLeising View Post
I went a slightly different direction than did Debbie and others. I replaced our Magnadyne with a (non-GPS) Kenwood DDX 470 (about $300 from Amazon - Amazon.com: Kenwood DDX470 Double Din: Car Electronics). Also added a "stand alone" GPS - a Garmin RV760lmt. I like having the GPS independent of the entertainment center - I like the map visible continuously. Also, the 760lmt has "lifetime" map updates and trafffic. I mounted the Garmin above the radio in the center dash well - used a Garmin beanbag-type mount, raised about an inch with a fill board. We also really like the Kenwood. I had to replace the Magnadyne connectors with the Kenwood connectors, but did not have to pull any new wires. The Kenwood mount worked fine in the hole the Magnadyne came out of. I did add a push-button dimmer (breaks the connection to the headlight wire to "undim" the display) as the Solera has the headlights on full time.
Thank you for this information. With the Garmin being a separate unit, can you easily take that with you, for instance, if you wanted to use it in another vehicle?
__________________
Larry, Paula & Bailey the Adorable Red Toy Poodle
aspengirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2014, 11:14 PM   #50
2012 Solera
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 983
Very easy to unclip and use elsewhere. If in another vehicle easiest with a second cord and mount.
__________________

__________________
JLeising
2012 Solera "S"
Calif SF Bay Area
JLeising is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
radio

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



» Virginia Campgrounds

Reviews provided by




ForestRiverForums.com is not in any way associated with Forest River, Inc. or its associated RV manufacturing divisions.


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:22 AM.