Old 08-10-2013, 10:45 PM   #21

We ran ours up around the drivers door and out the roof. Works great. Ed on here just put the antenna under the mattress above the cab. He said his works perfectly. So, might want to try that first.

Old 08-10-2013, 11:39 PM   #22

Send a message via AIM to King Yankee Send a message via Yahoo to King Yankee
No bunk over cab on ours. Will try anything. Thank you

Lexington GTS 300 S/S
Chevy Avalanche
Jeep Wrangler
Honda Goldwing
King Yankee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2013, 12:52 PM   #23

I got the antenna at Tiger Direct.
Audiovox Terk SIRMarine Radio Marine Antenna

Item#: S330-5098

Mounted it on the roof above the cabover bunk drilled and sealed a hole and ran the cable down the passenger side inside until I was to the passenger door . went behind the moulding , behind the dashboard and came out just below the radio dock. You can't even tell the cable are there. It comes with 50 foot of cable too.
Old 08-28-2013, 04:41 PM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by rarfire View Post
I got the antenna at Tiger Direct.
Audiovox Terk SIRMarine Radio Marine Antenna

Item#: S330-5098

Mounted it on the roof above the cabover bunk drilled and sealed a hole and ran the cable down the passenger side inside until I was to the passenger door . went behind the moulding , behind the dashboard and came out just below the radio dock. You can't even tell the cable are there. It comes with 50 foot of cable too.
Did you mount it flush on the roof and what did you seal it with? My roof is fiberglass as is yours I think. Or did you use some sort of an adapter? It attached to the radio with no issues? I don't have the bunk but the entertainment system. My antenna is presently mounted on the hood facing the windshield and it sucks going north. We definitely want our Sirius/XM.
Old 08-28-2013, 05:57 PM   #25

I'm one of those who has the antenna in the cabover. I just tucked it under the cabover mattress and routed it down to the front of the dash - easy to hide - but if you don't have the bunk, anywhere in the cabover area should do the trick. It works extremely well. I get a 3-4 bar signal (our of 4 bars possible) regardless of direction, and have never lost the Signal while on the highway. To me it's simpler than drilling holes in the roof and leaving possible leak points.
Taylorgso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2013, 04:11 PM   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by markangie24 View Post
Did you mount it flush on the roof and what did you seal it with? My roof is fiberglass as is yours I think. Or did you use some sort of an adapter? It attached to the radio with no issues? I don't have the bunk but the entertainment system. My antenna is presently mounted on the hood facing the windshield and it sucks going north. We definitely want our Sirius/XM.
It comes with a mount that raises it about 3 inches above the roof. I used the mount instead of mounting it flush ( which is also an option) I sealed it with marine sealant around the base and used the screws provided to mount the base and no screws show. Maybe you can feed the wire behind the entertainment system and pull it with fishtape to the door casing and follow that down to get behind the dashboard.That's what I did on the lower part.
Old 09-02-2013, 05:35 PM   #27

I just purchased a 2014 Solera, and the only possible complaint I have with it is the radio. I have been told the best thing to do is replace the thing with a Sony or Panasonic unit. It is not really set up for Sat reception, and the GPS is iffy.
Old 09-02-2013, 05:53 PM   #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by bgc44a View Post
I just purchased a 2014 Solera, and the only possible complaint I have with it is the radio. I have been told the best thing to do is replace the thing with a Sony or Panasonic unit. It is not really set up for Sat reception, and the GPS is iffy.
Or a Kenwood like DebbieMH did, so I did too. Here's a thread that addresses your concern directly - GPS in Solera
Old 09-02-2013, 07:40 PM   #29

Give the Magnadyne a chance. You can add the XM module. The GPS works well once you get use to it. No doubt there are better radios but maybe it is not the first thing you want to spend on. If you have questions, ask. PM me if you need to. I have gotten pretty good at making it work.
Old 09-02-2013, 08:12 PM   #30

Magnadyne GPS fine for first year. $70 update fee and radio must be removed to install new card. That was on mine. Cheaper to buy portable GPS with lifetime free update and removable for toad use.