Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-31-2013, 09:03 PM   #21

comment to Dish

Are you sure your unit does not jump time?
13larry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2014, 04:58 PM   #22

2014 R due in for Magnadyne warranty work tomorrow. Repair dealer service tech called FR and was told before any work could be approved (this is to switch out the supposed bad antenna) they would need the serial number off the unit ( no issue with that). Meaning it has to be pulled out. I tried numerous times to slide the unit out with the supplied "tongs". I know if you don't put them in straight the unit will not slide out. No matter how I put them in the unit will not slide out so I am leaving this to the dealer service folks to handle. Already I have a real bad feeling about the Magnadyne after all the posts and my initial experience.
kidagn11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2014, 05:05 PM   #23

KIDAGAIN
No to fret. If it's an antenna problem, it should be resolved easily. When the unit is shipped from the factory, the Magnadyne is secured behind the dash with zip ties - that's the reason you can't pull it out with the U-shaped tongs. You have to partially disassemble the dash to get behind it.

If your unit has the latest software updates you'll find it functions quite well. I like the user interface. Some have replaced theirs, but I do prefer the mzgnadyne interface to other units I've seen. I had my maps go blank, called the factory and they were very helpful in resolving the problem with updated firmware - no problems since.
Taylorgso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2014, 05:06 PM   #24

I actually like my Magnadyne. One bad thing is, you can not use the "U" hooks to get the radio out of the Solera dash. You must remove the trim around it. There is actually a video on YouTube with all of the info. I pulled mine when I was installing the Satellite receiver and antenna. Very easy. I would think FR should just remove the "U" hooks from the vehicles
Old 01-13-2014, 05:46 PM   #25

Mike, do you have that youtube link handy.
2012WhiteSolera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2014, 06:00 PM   #26

Here is one video link as requested. Just use the sections you need. I also took off the side panels and the four screws (two in front and two mid dash) that hold down the top storage bin.
Old 01-13-2014, 06:18 PM   #27

Thanks, thought it was the sprinter removal with the zip strips holding it in, but I see how the face plate pops off. Thanks. Just a heads up, China Freight sells a kit that would probably minimize the stress on the plastic I think. 5 Piece Auto Trim and Molding Tool Set
2012WhiteSolera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2014, 08:16 PM   #28

Did you remove the entire plastic cover and remove the screws holding the climate control unit before you tried to pull out the unit? Won't budge until you do.
Dish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2014, 08:20 PM   #29

If you contact magnadyne they will send complete printed instructions with photographs on how remove the radio and do updates etcc
Dish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2014, 08:52 PM   #30

I have tools for removing trim that can be picked up at any auto parts store. The set I have is identical to HF's, but of course I paid more.
My major concern was getting the face plate off without breaking it. The video helped there. The rest was looking around for attachment points and removing those screws. The climate control must be removed, but the MB design makes it all easy and almost idiot proof.