Forest River Forums
Sunline User Photos

Old 12-28-2013, 03:22 PM   #1

Magnadyne users

Other than myself, how many satisfied Magnadyne M4-LCD users out there?

Old 12-28-2013, 03:42 PM   #2

Our new R delivered with bad GPS antenna. No GPS signal. Mark at Magnadyne says they know they have bad antennas out there. Frankly I'd never heard of that brand. DVD, radio, CD seem to work. Never paid any attention to clock but I will based on all the comments.

Old 12-28-2013, 04:57 PM   #3

I had one for the first year, the GPS would shut down on me everytime just when I needed to most. I finally bought a Kenwood and am much happier X2 with the DW. I mean that too even my wife disliked the Magnadyne.
hkreck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2013, 05:04 PM   #4

I am; spent a good day or so upgrading the software and installing the satellite tuner. Everything works great!

Frank
Old 12-28-2013, 05:05 PM   #5

I think those of us who stayed with the Magnedyne through it's several iterations are satisfied. The latest software seems to have taken care of the problems of spontaneous rebooting, maps closing, etc., have been addressed. I personally love the features the Magnedyne has, and found it easy to maneuver through it's menus to find what I wanted. I have a Kenwood in our toad car - was top of the line when installed - and I don't like the interface at all... seems very cumbersome to maneuver among the screens.
Taylorgso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2013, 05:35 PM   #6

Your right Ed, I mean you get what you're satisfied with and what works for you. I my case even after getting the software update I still had problems with my magnadyne so I got something else. Now I'm happy
hkreck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2013, 06:38 PM   #7

Its ok. But, not knowing what other mfgers. products look like, or how they operates, its difficult to say good and bad. What I would like to know is; does the magnadyne always draw off the chassis battery, even when the key is out of the ignition, or is it working off the house batteries in that mode.
Old 12-28-2013, 06:50 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by hkreck View Post
Your right Ed, I mean you get what you're satisfied with and what works for you. I my case even after getting the software update I still had problems with my magnadyne so I got something else. Now I'm happy
Remember when I was in Iowa I mentioned the map wouldn't display? Turned out the SD map card was bad. Magnedyne/FR replaced the card, updated the software, and it's worked great ever since. This was quite a while after you swapped out your unit and probably a couple software updates later! I installed my Kenwood in my Mazda3 in 2008; I'm sure it's a much better unit now. I was just hard-headed enough to insist on having a "working' Magnedyne.

Have a great New Year. Hope to get out your way on our Alaska trip next summer.
Taylorgso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2013, 07:05 PM   #9

Mine works from the house batteries only. With the ignition on and the house batteries off , no power. Seems like BC covered this awhile back.
Old 12-29-2013, 12:04 AM   #10

Overall its an ok unit
Wish it was a little brighter but considering all the things it does I'm ok with it. Mainly stream music off our I phones and play DVD s while camping and does very well.