Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-09-2019, 11:53 AM   #1

Manually Operating Slide-out in or out

We purchased our Solera 24' used and need to know how to open or close my slide-out. It contains the couch/bed only. I'd hate to be traveling and have this problem and not have the tools on board to accomplish this task.
Thank you in advance.
Tim
christim1977 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2019, 12:07 PM   #2
Site Team

Would help if you posted which Solera model number(instead of 24') or the make of your slideout.
2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255, pushing a 2014 Ford F150 SCREW XTR 4x4 3.5 Ecoboost w/Max Tow Package
4pt Equal-i-zer WDH and 1828lbs of payload capacity
bikendan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2019, 09:56 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by christim1977 View Post
We purchased our Solera 24' used and need to know how to open or close my slide-out. It contains the couch/bed only. I'd hate to be traveling and have this problem and not have the tools on board to accomplish this task.
Thank you in advance.
Tim
https://www.amlrv.com/wp-content/upl...l-override.pdf
barnbnb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2019, 10:34 AM   #4
Pickin', Campin', Mason

The procedure for Schwintek slides and other Lippert style slides are different. As are electric-vs-hydraulic slides.

Do you know your style slide and whether is is electric or hydraulic?
Can you post a photo?

Oh... and welcome to the forum. I see it is your 1st post!

Days Camped '19=118 '20=116 '21=123 '22=134 '23=118 '24=90
5picker is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2019, 11:10 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5picker View Post
The procedure for Schwintek slides and other Lippert style slides are different. As are electric-vs-hydraulic slides.

Do you know your style slide and whether is is electric or hydraulic?
Can you post a photo?

Oh... and welcome to the forum. I see it is your 1st post!
The Solera model, which has been discontinued, used Lippert's electric Schwintek motors. Since he has just one slide, the rig in question is likely a Solera 24S or 24M, but it doesn't matter since they all used the same components.
Old 07-10-2019, 12:47 PM   #6
Pickin', Campin', Mason

Quote:
Originally Posted by barnbnb View Post
The Solera model, which has been discontinued, used Lippert's electric Schwintek motors. Since he has just one slide, the rig in question is likely a Solera 24S or 24M, but it doesn't matter since they all used the same components.
Thank you.

My post was more of a teaching moment for a new poster (1st post) who hadn't included the necessary information to receive good answers.

It certainly always helps though when folks like you, who have the knowledge, chime in and give the specifics.

Days Camped '19=118 '20=116 '21=123 '22=134 '23=118 '24=90
5picker is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2019, 12:55 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5picker View Post
Thank you.

My post was more of a teaching moment for a new poster (1st post) who hadn't included the necessary information to receive good answers.

It certainly always helps though when folks like you, who have the knowledge, chime in and give the specifics.
Thanks. And kudos to the new poster as well, since he asked a question about his Solera in the one and only Solera forum! It makes answering questions easier when posts are in the correct forum.
Old 07-11-2019, 08:43 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by bikendan View Post
Would help if you posted which Solera model number(instead of 24') or the make of your slideout.
The newbie OP is asking a question about his Solera 24' in a sub-forum 100% dedicated to the Solera 24'.
No other information on his model is needed in relation to the question he asked and I supplied the answer in my first post above.
I hope the newbie isn't discouraged by members trying to school him when it is actually those members that need to be schooled.
Old 07-14-2019, 06:22 AM   #9

Hydraulic slides not operating

We slept in our 2016 camper last night with all 4 slides in. Can not figure out where our Forest River Georgetown XL manual slides are. I’ve attached a pic of where we think access is but boy it looks like diffusing a bomb. Help! Jacks are operating successfully and we’ve checked all fusses.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	17E232CF-C816-44AF-B68C-35149C088A51.jpg
Views:	130
Size:	360.2 KB
ID:	209839  
Kristineagleeye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2019, 07:48 AM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kristineagleeye View Post
We slept in our 2016 camper last night with all 4 slides in. Can not figure out where our Forest River Georgetown XL manual slides are. I’ve attached a pic of where we think access is but boy it looks like diffusing a bomb. Help! Jacks are operating successfully and we’ve checked all fusses.
Kristineagleeye, your message was posted to the Forest River Solera forum. You'll probably get a more helpful response by posting your question in the Georgetown forum.
CharSolera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2019, 08:43 AM   #11
NXR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kristineagleeye View Post
Does the XL use hydraulic slides? For some reason I thought it used electric slides. It they have a rail on the sides with teeth then they are electric.

Agreed on reposting in the Georgetown sub forum.

Ray

Tags
manual, slide