Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-09-2014, 07:37 PM   #1

MB service

Had the fuel filter replaced today at the local MB dealer. While it was in there they also took care of a recall notice they had on it. Which made me start wondering, who is suppose to notify an owner of any recalls on the Mercedes sprinter? Now that I've been into the deal on this service they are going to notify me in the future but what if I hadn't gone into have this work done?
Old 07-09-2014, 08:23 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by hkreck View Post
Had the fuel filter replaced today at the local MB dealer. While it was in there they also took care of a recall notice they had on it. Which made me start wondering, who is suppose to notify an owner of any recalls on the Mercedes sprinter? Now that I've been into the deal on this service they are going to notify me in the future but what if I hadn't gone into have this work done?

Henry, what did the recall cover.
Still Kickin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2014, 08:25 PM   #3

Thanks for the heads up...what was the recall about? When did it come out? I have a 2013 24S based on a 2012 Sprinter cab chassis and have not heard of a MB recall. I just had my Solera in for it's first oil change and there was no mention of a recall (maybe not in the group covered by the recall). By the way sticker shock on that oil change!
devilsquid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2014, 08:31 PM   #4

The recall was for 2013010008 ADBLUE S/W, involved an updated software in both the CDI module and SCR module
Old 07-09-2014, 08:36 PM   #5

devilsquid, The fuel filter cost me $350 a total 20K service would have cost $1100. I change out the oil and filter myself saves a little cost any way. Did you take yours to a MB dealer or RV dealer?
Old 07-09-2014, 08:45 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by devilsquid View Post
Thanks for the heads up...what was the recall about? When did it come out? I have a 2013 24S based on a 2012 Sprinter cab chassis and have not heard of a MB recall. I just had my Solera in for it's first oil change and there was no mention of a recall (maybe not in the group covered by the recall). By the way sticker shock on that oil change!
Devilsquid, call the MB dealer that works on the Sprinter with your Vin# in hand. They will tell you if your vehicle is covered by the recall.
Old 07-09-2014, 08:45 PM   #7
2018 FR3 30DS

Had the oil and filter changed a couple weeks back and asked if there were any updates. They ran a long scan and found that the Adblue part needed replacing. Had to go back for another svc. to get the part replaced and they finished a second part scan. Took over 6 hours for the second scan but nothing was found.
My Adblue part number is different...2010090005 Adblue

2011 Solera 24S
Slow_movin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2014, 08:48 PM   #8

Looks like from the part number(s) the first four positions deal with the year the Sprinter chassis was mfg. As a side note; when your at the dealer, ask them politely to print you out the vehicles data sheet. That will tell you everything included on your Sprinter chassis.

Tags
service