Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-15-2014, 02:39 PM   #1
Senior Member
 
Mikegjax's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Orange Park Fl.
Posts: 1,410
Metal valve stems

Finally had the metal valve stems installed. What a difference when it comes to checking/inflating. Don't need three hands anymore. TPMS should be here in a couple more days.

DL1SP13FR Chrome Duallyvalve Kit W/ Front Stems
__________________

__________________
2014 Solera 24R
USN Retired
Mikegjax is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2014, 03:29 PM   #2
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2014
Posts: 632
Well...they ain't cheap! How much did it cost to get them installed?

Probably a good idea in any case.

Dave
__________________

DaveJordan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2014, 03:34 PM   #3
Senior Member
 
trbomax's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Posts: 981
They didnt cost me anything. The tire shop where I buy all my tires just put them in when I ask ,and no they didnt jack the price of the tires to cover it as I had already paid for them.They were in a box next to the rubber ones on a shelf above one of the tire machines.The price was written on the boxes,$1.50 for rubber and $2.50 for metal.

edit) I reread this and see you wanted chrome ones,brass was good enough for me!
trbomax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2014, 03:45 PM   #4
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2014
Posts: 632
Quote:
Originally Posted by trbomax View Post
They didnt cost me anything. The tire shop where I buy all my tires just put them in when I ask ,and no they didnt jack the price of the tires to cover it as I had already paid for them.They were in a box next to the rubber ones on a shelf above one of the tire machines.The price was written on the boxes,$1.50 for rubber and $2.50 for metal.

edit) I reread this and see you wanted chrome ones,brass was good enough for me!
Wow - where do you get your tires??? A set of duallyvalve stems - inside and outside for the rear, plus fronts, plus grommets to protect things, etc., seems to go for a bit more than $100 in brass...only $10 more for chrome...
DaveJordan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2014, 04:13 PM   #5
Senior Member
 
Mikegjax's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Orange Park Fl.
Posts: 1,410
Cost roughly $20.00 each to have installed. Would have been much cheaper if I had it done with tires. Don't need tires for awhile! What I like about these stems is NO EXTENSIONS.
__________________
2014 Solera 24R
USN Retired
Mikegjax is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2014, 04:21 PM   #6
Senior Member
 
trbomax's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Posts: 981
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveJordan View Post
Wow - where do you get your tires??? A set of duallyvalve stems - inside and outside for the rear, plus fronts, plus grommets to protect things, etc., seems to go for a bit more than $100 in brass...only $10 more for chrome...
Tim's Tire in mancelona mi.
trbomax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2014, 08:16 PM   #7
Senior Member
 
Mikegjax's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Orange Park Fl.
Posts: 1,410
Added Tiretech On TPMS today. Very easy install even on front stems. Did need to bend the front stem slightly. Taking the RV out next week and will see how it works. From what I can tell it is the exact system as Tireminder and Tiretracker, but a bit cheaper to buy.
__________________
2014 Solera 24R
USN Retired
Mikegjax is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2014, 08:32 PM   #8
Senior Member
 
Boss Hoss's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Posts: 155
Metal valve stems are always better-they won't rot in the sun light.
__________________
2013 Palomino 30ft. of Pure Bliss at 5400#-and then we have this 14 ft.Sea Eagle that I tote around for my wife and son.Michigan State Parks are The Best !:thumbsup
Boss Hoss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2014, 07:25 PM   #9
Senior Member
 
Mikegjax's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Orange Park Fl.
Posts: 1,410
Happy to say the Tiretech On TPMS works very well. Easy install and setup and provides accurate pressures and temps (verified temps with infrared thermometer). The monitor is about the size of a small flip phone, closed. Easy read face and function. Mounted it with it's suction cup mount to the forward edge of the small drivers side window which makes it non intrusive. When I received it there were 6 extra batteries which surprised me.

Here is a link for those interested.

Tiretech on Tire Pressure Monitoring System w 10 Brass Sensors 0 232 PSI TP7004 | eBay
__________________
2014 Solera 24R
USN Retired
Mikegjax is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2014, 10:44 PM   #10
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Florida/Thailand/Texas
Posts: 238
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikegjax View Post
Happy to say the Tiretech On TPMS works very well. Easy install and setup and provides accurate pressures and temps (verified temps with infrared thermometer). The monitor is about the size of a small flip phone, closed. Easy read face and function. Mounted it with it's suction cup mount to the forward edge of the small drivers side window which makes it non intrusive. When I received it there were 6 extra batteries which surprised me.

Here is a link for those interested.

Tiretech on Tire Pressure Monitoring System w 10 Brass Sensors 0 232 PSI TP7004 | eBay
"Very Nice"-Thanks for the INFO. This is the next Mod I need for my one piece metal tire valve stems" that I bought from Your Tire Shop Supply | Supplies for Tire Shops
Thanks again.

Capt Dan

__________________

CaptDan is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by


Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Forest River, Inc. or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.




Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:27 PM.