Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-17-2015, 12:38 PM   #221

Thanks, JLeising. Yes the requesst for pics was to you. Ours looks like the exact same setup as yours. I was hoping to see exactly how you cut the wall out. Did you remove the entire piece of the wall, or did you cut it flush with the bed or go all the way to the floor?. Inside the wall in the bathroom cloe to the floor we have a night light an a vent for the air conditioner.
Rottiemom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2015, 01:34 PM   #222
2012 Solera

I cut the wall off a couple inches above the bed base (about half way up the mattress). This approach avoided interfering with the heating vent or the light. Also the "ledge" holds the mattress in place. I did cover the ledge with lightweight carpet to "cushion" it when we slide out of bed past it.
JLeising is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2015, 01:51 AM   #223

Question re. Hellwig Sway Bar or Solera 24W

Just taking delivery of our new 2015 Solera 24W, the new model where the entire wall of the unit slides out. Its nice. So, I need help with which Hellwig sway bar to use. I see a lot of you use this type but I could not find mention of the model number for the Solera 24. Just wondered if anyone has it here.
Solera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2015, 05:12 AM   #224

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solera View Post
Just taking delivery of our new 2015 Solera 24W, the new model where the entire wall of the unit slides out. Its nice. So, I need help with which Hellwig sway bar to use. I see a lot of you use this type but I could not find mention of the model number for the Solera 24. Just wondered if anyone has it here.
You might already have a Hellwig sway bar. You can tell by the diameter (1 1/2 inches) also the "D" brackets look like sheet metal rather than a casting. The RV designation does not determine what sway bar you need; it is the chassis. If your chassis is a 2014 or 2015 respectively that is what you would need. I would think that Hellwig 7254 would fit your chassis, but better to call Hellwig and check.
Old 07-12-2015, 02:00 PM   #225

A safety mod...'11 Solera 24S

You guys all left the best one out! What good does all this do when you can't let somebody know you are in YOUR highway lane that THEY are drifting into?? Save yourselves and
do this...see the pic below. Mounts directly into the same spot where the meep-meep horn lives!!
I just posted this procedure under another horn-mods section with full details. Will include the .jpeg here again for your interest. Wolo BadBoy...the only way to go and you
WILL be HEARD! Advice: once you remove the MB duck-call horn simply place it under the right-rear tire(s) and back up over it a few times, okay?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	WOLO-Install.jpg
Views:	223
Size:	330.9 KB
ID:	82665  
Pixelbum1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2015, 04:48 PM   #226

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pixelbum1 View Post
You guys all left the best one out! What good does all this do when you can't let somebody know you are in YOUR highway lane that THEY are drifting into?? Save yourselves and
do this...see the pic below. Mounts directly into the same spot where the meep-meep horn lives!!
I just posted this procedure under another horn-mods section with full details. Will include the .jpeg here again for your interest. Wolo BadBoy...the only way to go and you
WILL be HEARD! Advice: once you remove the MB duck-call horn simply place it under the right-rear tire(s) and back up over it a few times, okay?
Where did you place the posted procedure? What model is the WoLo that you installed and where did you purchase? Looking for the details-Thanks.
CaptDan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2015, 04:53 PM   #227

Name:	ImageUploadedByForest River Forums1436824282.808026.jpg
Views:	315
Size:	59.8 KB
ID:	82753
Holds the toad /motor home keys
And the TV controller /kindle

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums
Sandiegodoug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2015, 04:53 PM   #228

Attachment 82753
Holds the toad /motor home keys
And the TV controller /kindle/iPhone

Old 07-13-2015, 04:55 PM   #229

Name:	ImageUploadedByForest River Forums1436824472.612424.jpg
Views:	272
Size:	80.9 KB
ID:	82754
Hold kindle and iPhones at night

Old 07-14-2015, 05:06 PM   #230

Wolo Details...

Capt Dan:

Now that I can't find the thread with the details I've simply put them into a Word.docx file for you below as an attachment and you can read away. I tried not to miss a thing and hope you don't think it too wordy. I'm a retired school teacher and used to writing detailed LP's, that's all? Anyway, have also included a few screen grabs of the Wolo 419 as snagged on eBay for around $40-. The full-chrome version goes for around $20+. Hope you like the effort and if you or anyone else gets inspired by this relatively easy install,
then please let me know! Command the road when you use your horn and
not the ducks I say...PB

Name:   Wolo 419.png
Views: 674
Size:  64.1 KB

Name:	Wolo on eBay.png
Views:	319
Size:	54.3 KB
ID:	82877

CaptDan Wolo details.docx

Name:	WOLO-Install.jpg
Views:	294
Size:	330.9 KB
ID:	82878
Old 07-14-2015, 08:01 PM   #231

So does this just hook into the present horn? I've heard some questions about the volts involved with the MB horn system possibly shutting down the vehicle? Just inquiring before I look into purchasing one? I would like something that can be heard if needed.
Old 07-15-2015, 07:41 AM   #232

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pixelbum1 View Post
Capt Dan:

Now that I can't find the thread with the details I've simply put them into a Word.docx file for you below as an attachment and you can read away. I tried not to miss a thing and hope you don't think it too wordy. I'm a retired school teacher and used to writing detailed LP's, that's all? Anyway, have also included a few screen grabs of the Wolo 419 as snagged on eBay for around $40-. The full-chrome version goes for around $20+. Hope you like the effort and if you or anyone else gets inspired by this relatively easy install,
then please let me know! Command the road when you use your horn and
not the ducks I say...PB

Attachment 82876

Attachment 82877

Attachment 82875

Attachment 82878
Thank you "Very Much!" I rarely use my horn, but when I did awhile back I was very "Shocked at the Sound!" I posted "One Wimpy Horn" (http://www.forestriverforums.com/forums/f191/one-wimpy-horn-51763.html) on this blog. With the WOLO supplied relay and the 20 Amp fuse I believe their will be no electrical issues. Thanks Again.
CaptDan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2015, 09:24 AM   #233

I know what you mean about rarely using the horn, it can cause some people to go Postal on you. But when you need a horn it'd be nice to have one that can be heard.
Old 07-15-2015, 11:44 AM   #234

Henry-
I have used the horn off and on without holding my breath (re going into limp mode or driving the computer nuts?). As long as you DO integrate the
supplied relay AND a 20-amp fuse in-line you should not have any problems. I DO
use the original MB horn button (steering wheel location) for this set-up w/o
problem other than trying to get that deeply embedded "button" to activate
the Wolo. You really have to push it hard, as you know (use your palm!) to activate the
horn but this is not a Wolo issue...is another part of the weak chain in the
MB horn "system"? Hopefully they will correct this some day too? Also installed a Klaxon() on the other side for giggles using the wireless Wolo
transmitter and receiver setup (eBay = Wolo100). Feel free to ask any
questions down the pike if you install. Cheers...PB
Old 07-15-2015, 11:57 AM   #235

Thanks for the info on that install.
Old 07-22-2015, 10:40 AM   #236
Karen, Pete & Chloe Kat

Can You Post or Forward Your Notes on Memory Foam

Quote:
Originally Posted by solera rookie View Post
Suzasus: all of the info you requested is on file in our home in Missouri. We are touring Michigan all of July so we won't be able to help for a couple weeks. We purchased the memory foam topper 2" thick, the same dimensions as the flat mattress with rounded corners. They made a fitted mattress cover (removable & washable), and fitted sheets for the topper only. All we remember is the internet company is in Colorado. The company had exceptional service & quality. Give us a shout out if you need more info when we return. Solera Rookie

Sent from my iPad using Forest River Forums
solera rookie,

You seem to have found a good supplier for the memory foam topper and fitted sheets.

If you posted information, can you point me to it? If not can you post or PM me with the info?

Thanks,
Pete Junger
sanpedroflyer
sanpedroflyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2015, 01:14 PM   #237

Magnetic switched led strip lighting in cabinet above sofa. Going to add more lights in other cabinets. Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByForest River Forums1437588858.125180.jpg
Views:	256
Size:	91.7 KB
ID:	83735Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByForest River Forums1437588876.460408.jpg
Views:	264
Size:	94.4 KB
ID:	83736
DBTSolera24R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2015, 07:23 PM   #238

2016 Forester MBS 2401R modifications (partial list)

Added Sumo Springs SSF-106-40 (front) and SSR-338-47 (rear). Amazing difference in side-to-side stability, even though we already had the factory Hellwig sway bar. I had installed these on my previous Class B Winnebago Era model 170C and knew I needed them on the MBS.

Also, another idea I brought forward from the Era ... I added this Rubbermaid Fasttrack rail (purchase hooks and accessories online, or at either Lowes or Home Depot). Be careful when locating the metal square tubing which this is attached to (remove the push-light housings on each side to find it and then draw a straight line between the two sides), and when using self-tapping screws since part of the wiring for the Schwintek rear slideout is routed through this tubing. But once installed, makes a great setup for hanging cords and hoses, and is easily reconfigurable.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	203
Size:	262.0 KB
ID:	84817  
jdyson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2015, 03:20 AM   #239

First Mod - I installed a Progressive Electronics hard wired surge/line conditioner in the "end table" next to the rear bed. It is where the shore power cord enters the coach first. I was pleased to find plenty of room for it on the floor of the compartment when I removed the access panel. A word of caution, when sliding it under the water supply lines the plastic nipple on the backside of the water input valve broke in half. I am actually glad this happened as it is a very weak point being the main supply water line location. I replaced with a $3 brass fitting with integrated nipple to avoid problems in the future. I put the electronic status display on the front of the access panel. I was going to route the wire to the control panel location over the fridge but glad I didn't, it puts out a little too much red light. The light is not visible now while in the bed but is easily viewed when needed.

Name:	ImageUploadedByForest River Forums1443946402.037120.jpg
Views:	203
Size:	56.6 KB
ID:	90604

Name:	ImageUploadedByForest River Forums1443946431.333260.jpg
Views:	223
Size:	63.3 KB
ID:	90605
Old 10-04-2015, 01:03 PM   #240

I secured my range cover with a couple of bungee cords and used pipe foam to secure the microwave plate.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	1443981813591.jpg
Views:	173
Size:	50.0 KB
ID:	90622   Click image for larger version

Name:	1443981823149.jpg
Views:	136
Size:	59.4 KB
ID:	90623